Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

According to radio Norfolk

17 years since the last win in the FA cup in front of a crowd at CR.

Quite shocking if this is the case

Posted (edited)

Depends on the games. 

It often comes up In stats. 37 years unbeaten against a team unbeaten you've played once...

The last fa cup games I can remember going to are the luton one and one against Leicester. Which we both lost. 

When/who against was the last win. From how many ties?

Edited by The Raptor

I had the wireless on at the game so may have got my wires crossed a bit with it. Seems like 17 years though

Posted (edited)

We obviously lost to Blackburn last season- the season before we reached the fifth round, but the ties were away. Our last win was in February 2022, away at Wolves.

We beat Coventry at home in 2021.

Apparently Aston Villa’s win at Middlesbrough today was the first FA cup tie home or away they had won since 2016.

Edited by Commonsense
Mistake

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Depends on the games. 

It often comes up In stats. 37 years unbeaten against a team unbeaten you've played once...

The last fa cup games I can remember going to are the luton one and one against Leicester. Which we both lost. 

When/who against was the last win. From how many ties?

Indeed - such stats can be a bit misleading, but it is definitely fair to say we have been pretty ordinary in the FA Cup for quite some time. 

I recall one point when we were promoted to the PL, they started wheeling our stats that we’d not won away for ‘x years’; that we’d not actually played away in the PL for 95% of that time was omitted.

Edited by Branston Pickle

It’s now two wins in front of a crowd out of sixteen FA Cup games at Carrow Road using details from Goreham’s earlier tweet (x?) this week…

‘07: Blackpool (W); ‘08: Bury (D); ‘09 Charlton (L); ‘11: Leyton Orient (L); ‘12: Burnley (W) and Leicester (L); ‘13: Luton (L); ‘14: Fulham (D); ‘16: Manchester City (L); ‘17: Southampton (D); ‘18: Chelsea (D); ‘19: Portsmouth (L): ‘20: Manchester United (L); ‘21: Coventry (W*); ‘23: Blackburn (L); ‘24: Bristol Rovers (D).

* behind closed doors

1 minute ago, Declan said:

It’s now two wins in front of a crowd out of sixteen FA Cup games at Carrow Road using details from Goreham’s earlier tweet (x?) this week…

‘07: Blackpool (W); ‘08: Bury (D); ‘09 Charlton (L); ‘11: Leyton Orient (L); ‘12: Burnley (W) and Leicester (L); ‘13: Luton (L); ‘14: Fulham (D); ‘16: Manchester City (L); ‘17: Southampton (D); ‘18: Chelsea (D); ‘19: Portsmouth (L): ‘20: Manchester United (L); ‘21: Coventry (W*); ‘23: Blackburn (L); ‘24: Bristol Rovers (D).

* behind closed doors

I think the issue is that for the stat they quoted to look worthy, you need to exclude the Coventry game - but I’m not sure why you would other than that it was a game we won.

Suffice to say we have not been a great cup team for quite a few years.