Sign in to follow this  
Sufyellow

Choice

Knapper now probably has a choice , sack the manager and coaching staff and replace them,  costing the club a couple of million, but for who mid season? Or use the money on maybe a signing or couple of loan signings. Knapper will be judged on who we sign, not on ability but the players positions and age . The biggest thing he has to do is convince us there's a plan and away we are going to play   the signings have to back the plan up. Personally I would give the manager until the end of the season,  if nothing changes he goes then. What do you all think? 

If we get beaten without a fight by Soton then I'd sack him. At least we'd have half a season for a new manager to either make a miraculous upsurge, or do some planning for next season. Limping on just delays the inevitable and serves no purpose. I'd really need to see a hugely improved performance from us tomorrow to give him longer. (Though even if that does happen I suspect it'll just be a flash in the pan – because ultimately he just seems tactically inept, however nice a bloke he might seem...)

• Like 4

Part of me thinks he’s young and ambitious and making a step up, part of me thinks he’s easily controllable by the higher ups.

Ill give him time, but he’s got to do something as this window approaches. Doing nothing is not an option.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Part of me thinks he’s young and ambitious and making a step up, part of me thinks he’s easily controllable by the higher ups.

Ill give him time, but he’s got to do something as this window approaches. Doing nothing is not an option.

That's what I am saying,  he now has to stand up and be accountable. Personally I would prefer him to spend on players and see the style of play he wants , let's see what Knapper is made of and what support he gets from above. If he sacks the manager and then has no Money to add a couple of players, sacking the manager is the easy way out. Let's see if Knapper can improve his manager and the club. As I said type of player ,age and position will show his identity.  

20 minutes ago, Grando said:

If we get beaten without a fight by Soton then I'd sack him. At least we'd have half a season for a new manager to either make a miraculous upsurge, or do some planning for next season. Limping on just delays the inevitable and serves no purpose. I'd really need to see a hugely improved performance from us tomorrow to give him longer. (Though even if that does happen I suspect it'll just be a flash in the pan – because ultimately he just seems tactically inept, however nice a bloke he might seem...)

Then we learn nothing from the new sporting director.  Personally I think this squad is screwed and no manager will make it into a decent team,  there is a total mis match of players who as 11 could not play a system. Let's see what route our SD  wants to go down with signings and judged him. That's how  he becomes accountable. I am bored of the SD hiding behind the manager.  

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

Knapper now probably has a choice , sack the manager and coaching staff and replace them,  costing the club a couple of million, but for who mid season? Or use the money on maybe a signing or couple of loan signings. Knapper will be judged on who we sign, not on ability but the players positions and age . The biggest thing he has to do is convince us there's a plan and away we are going to play   the signings have to back the plan up. Personally I would give the manager until the end of the season,  if nothing changes he goes then. What do you all think? 

I’d sack him now as whatever is brought in he won’t get the most out of it. As is the case with what’s at his disposal now. 

Edited by S_81
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, S_81 said:

I’d sack him now as whatever is brought in he won’t get the most out of it. As is the case with what’s at his disposal now. 

So with no new signings what would your team be ? How would you set up? 

5 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Probably a bit of both 

ultimately it is still their call as majority shareholders however he has his own remit 

would’ve been no different to SW 

13 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I’m not saying don’t make new signings. I’m saying he needs to go. As he won’t get the best out of whoever comes in anyhow, as he’s tactically woeful. 

If they already planned to give Wagner more time, I don't understand why they suddenly brought forward Knappers arrival. Despite Delia's silly and unfortunate intervention to back Wagner, that advance arrival by Knapper can only mean they had serious concerns about keeping Wagner.

Knapper has had time to assess things. Whilst results have somewhat improved (bar the last two) performances have been poor throughout. I agree with others that is Southampton get a comprehensive win over us Wagner should be sacked immediately.

That gives Knapper time to bring in some of his players during Jan (& hopefully clear out some too) and a new manager a free run for the 2nd half of the season (the same as Wagner last season) to get the team improving.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

I'd generally set up with a 5-3-2. 

Gunn

Stacey Batth/Duffy Hanley McLean McCallum

Rowe Sara Nunez

Sarge Idah/Hwang 

8 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

The owners getting pillared for simultaneously giving the sporting director free rein to work as he pleases without interference (Webber) and hiring another one because who they see as young and weak so they can control and interfere to their hearts content? 

• Like 1

Will players sign with Wagner here though ?

No point signing a player and New manager comes in and says sorry you are not in my plans ,

players will be wary of that manager under pressure

i would sack no and start to rebuild for Next season ASAP

Edited by norfolkngood

7 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

If they already planned to give Wagner more time, I don't understand why they suddenly brought forward Knappers arrival. Despite Delia's silly and unfortunate intervention to back Wagner, that advance arrival by Knapper can only mean they had serious concerns about keeping Wagner.

Knapper has had time to assess things. Whilst results have somewhat improved (bar the last two) performances have been poor throughout. I agree with others that is Southampton get a comprehensive win over us Wagner should be sacked immediately.

That gives Knapper time to bring in some of his players during Jan (& hopefully clear out some too) and a new manager a free run for the 2nd half of the season (the same as Wagner last season) to get the team improving.   

That was to get Webber out of the door quicker. I did say you have a choice,  spend what money we have paying off the management now and getting in a new set , or spend the money on players.  

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Will players sign with Wagner here though ?

No point signing a player and New manager comes in and says sorry you are not in my plans ,

players will be wary of that manager under pressure

i would sack no and start to rebuild for Next season ASAP

So new manager instead of new players. Write this season off and see what we can do in the summer. We would definitely need to know Knappers plan. Why would a good manager come to us half Way through a season with no money to spend.  

12 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

So new manager instead of new players. Write this season off and see what we can do in the summer. We would definitely need to know Knappers plan. Why would a good manager come to us half Way through a season with no money to spend.  

we might have a bit if Rowe and Sara leave ? 

also might get a few quid from others , 

My point is New man comes in takes a look with Knapper ok i want him him and him 

the rest we can move on so we can get that under way 

also we have to replace them so lets look at options we can spend the next 4/5 months planning for next season instead of one month if we wait till summer  

Wagner has just drawn with two of the top three sides (one away from home) and narrowly lost to a West Brom side in the playoffs despite playing for ages with 10 men. Millwall was rubbish but he isn’t going anywhere until the season is done 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

Wagner has just drawn with two of the top three sides (one away from home) and narrowly lost to a West Brom side in the playoffs despite playing for ages with 10 men. Millwall was rubbish but he isn’t going anywhere until the season is done 

…yay…

9 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

we might have a bit if Rowe and Sara leave ? 

also might get a few quid from others , 

My point is New man comes in takes a look with Knapper ok i want him him and him 

the rest we can move on so we can get that under way 

also we have to replace them so lets look at options we can spend the next 4/5 months planning for next season instead of one month if we wait till summer  

Great , sell the best 2 players we have and buy some more average ones , are you sure you are a fan? It's not your fault you have been brain washed by a club into thinking selling anything good is progress.  

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

…yay…

I know you don't like it but it is probably the truth.  Knapper needs to come out and say something though. Tell us he's staying and back him , or sack him. Silence is killing the club. A couple good signings could change everything.