PLACHETA 

ONEL

SPRINGETT

GIBBS

LONG

DUFFY

BATTH

FORSHAW

some of those are are ridiculous long contracts ( thanks to Webber wasting clubs money on old players!!!) So we can't just get rid. Others contracts expire this summer, so sell now in the transfer window If not wanted. Not easy to trim squad, but some players need to be dropped if we can't move them on. 

As for our loaned out players,  let's hope some are considered good enough to be brought back in

• Thanks 1

Im pretty sure a half clued uo new manager takes a look at our squad a freezes half of them out. What Webber did assembling this squad and why he was allowed to do it while on a notice period needs to be independently investigated

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Im pretty sure a half clued uo new manager takes a look at our squad a freezes half of them out. What Webber did assembling this squad and why he was allowed to do it while on a notice period needs to be independently investigated

As someone in control of finances he has been culpable for adding to the clubs debt by giving long contracts to aging players. Why on earth would anyone give Barnes any thing more than a 1 year contract. Are they secretly best mates or something? 

Just now, Harry53 said:

As someone in control of finances he has been culpable for adding to the clubs debt by giving long contracts to aging players. Why on earth would anyone give Barnes any thing more than a 1 year contract. Are they secretly best mates or something? 

The s41t I got on here for suggesting that Webber shouldn’t be allowed to assemble the squad while he’s due to leave was insane. Webbers big backers have run into the undergrowth big time.

One user, who I know the username of, in particular said “It’s better that he assemble our squad that someone else’s, the devils hands make idle work” yeah, where are you now.

The worrying thing 7 of that lot were involved in last night's shambles. They're not even good enough to beat a team 20th.

1-0 flattered us, only Gunny kept the score down.

• Like 2

Forshaw, Batth, Gibson and Placheta will all be gone in the summer if no extensions/new contracts are agreed.

The issues with the others is who will want to buy them, after a poor season here! To pay off their contracts would involve sizeable sums.

29 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

For me it's:

FASSNACHT 

BARNES

GIBSON

STACEY

PLACHETA 

ONEL

SPRINGETT

GIBBS

LONG

DUFFY

BATTH

FORSHAW

some of those are are ridiculous long contracts ( thanks to Webber wasting clubs money on old players!!!) So we can't just get rid. Others contracts expire this summer, so sell now in the transfer window If not wanted. Not easy to trim squad, but some players need to be dropped if we can't move them on. 

As for our loaned out players,  let's hope some are considered good enough to be brought back in

I'd agree with most of that aside from 2-3 exceptions.

Gibbs shouldn't be going anywhere, there's a quality player in there but needs to be used correctly and given game time. Similarly, Stacey looked very good when he first arrived, and I think he's more than decent enough at this level whilst helping Fisher develop.

Springett should be loaned out for a full season and if no obvious improvement then let him go.

I'm also slightly on the fence around Fassnacht, seems to be technically decent but lacking in pace and doesn't work with the way we're setup at present, another vaguely ok squad option but not really fussed either way tbh.

The rest can pretty much go, as although Duffy has had a few excellent games, his lack of pace is only going to get worse, and if we want to improve as a side, then the likes of Warner need chances rather than ageing journeymen IMHO.

• Like 2

We totally need to start again, and that unfortunately means we accept another year in the champs.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I know he's crap but anyone knows what's happened to Forshaw? Seems to be yet another pointless waste of a signing.

Injured I believe (not sure how though)

The clear out needs to start at the top as the rot always starts at the head. Don't blame ordinary players with no connection to the club for trying to earn a living.... blame Smith and her hangers on who look down on us fans as a necessary evil.... or at least the apparent 20% of us who have long since sussed out what their cynical game has been.

Beware that we may become just another Bolton or Charlton when the 'habit' of going to the footy dies out and the luvvies find another thing to do with the kiddies on a Saturday.

3 hours ago, Harry53 said:

For me it's:

FASSNACHT 

BARNES

GIBSON

STACEY

PLACHETA 

ONEL

SPRINGETT

GIBBS

LONG

DUFFY

BATTH

FORSHAW

i would keep Gibbs looked very good when first here ,

right manager would get him going again played in right position not striker !