Darth Vadis

Stadia development

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

The steward on our gate doesnt even look at the machine when you offer your card up, how is that going to be monitored / utilised. 

putting the access from the season ticket onto a membership cards comes at a cost - and the club wont cover it. The attending person has a card that would work (the ST),  or one that he has to pay to get upgraded (their membership) - Absolutely no appetite for that at all.

Then assuming that happens what if the card doesnt work (we have had that more that once on official season tickets, and you have to prove ID to the ticket office - you wont have that for the season ticket! 

Do you think through your hairbrained ideas before you post them ? 

Technology can be a challenge if it is not done right. The Internet signal for the cashless purchase of a programme in the stadium perimeter being a clear case in point and could be described as hairbrained. 

The already developed 'friends and family' could easily be updated for purpose and adds to fans convenience in not having to transfer the season ticket. There is no way of actually stopping them doing  the latter except to make clear that it is not permissible and employ checks to make sure it doesn't happen. Some Clubs are actively doing this as it protects the rights of those who have paid for Memberships vis-a-vis those who haven’t and as such is the right thing to do.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

The first step would be to insist that everyone enters with their own membership card even when borrowing from a season ticket holder. 

Why and why does it matter? Yet another ridiculous and unnecessary idea!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Technology can be a challenge if it is not done right. The Internet signal for the cashless purchase of a programme in the stadium perimeter being a clear case in point and could be described as hairbrained. 

The already developed 'friends and family' could easily be updated for purpose and adds to fans convenience in not having to transfer the season ticket. There is no way of actually stopping them doing  the latter except to make clear that it is not permissible and employ checks to make sure it doesn't happen. Some Clubs are actively doing this as it protects the rights of those who have paid for Memberships vis-a-vis those who haven’t and as such is the right thing to do.

Give your head a wobble. 

It's totally unenforceable,  unpractical and unnecessary. 

It's additional overheads with no increased revenue. What does the club achieve? 

Edited by Greavsy

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Give your head a wobble. 

It's totally unenforceable,  unpractical and unnecessary. 

It's additional overheads with no increased revenue. What does the club achieve? 

It has been suggested on here that McNally pursued fans who used concession tickets inappropriately. How did he achieve that if the Club has no appetite for checking? Just another example of S&J failing to follow consistency of approach due to change of lead officer.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It has been suggested on here that McNally pursued fans who used concession tickets inappropriately. How did he achieve that if the Club has no appetite for checking? Just another example of S&J failing to follow consistency of approach due to change of lead officer.

Using a concession inappropriately,  I'd assume you mean people getting free tickets giving them to others to use. That's stopping the club getting income from those people (assuming they would still go) so that why they got chased I'm guessing.. 

Swapping the attendee for a paid for ticket is I understand permitted, but any 'admin' to facilitate that is just an overhead, for no benefit to the club. 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Using a concession inappropriately,  I'd assume you mean people getting free tickets giving them to others to use. That's stopping the club getting income from those people (assuming they would still go) so that why they got chased I'm guessing.. 

Swapping the attendee for a paid for ticket is I understand permitted, but any 'admin' to facilitate that is just an overhead, for no benefit to the club. 

I was referring to an Adult using a youth or OAP ticket which is always a risk. 

Free ticket control is an interesting one, players allocations being a case in point.

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I was referring to an Adult using a youth or OAP ticket which is always a risk. 

Free ticket control is an interesting one, players allocations being a case in point.

Apologies I misinterpreted the term concession. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Apologies I misinterpreted the term concession. 

Swapping the attendee is permitted at Norwich as per another change during McNally's tenure. Most other clubs don't operate that policy though at least officially.

23 hours ago, kingsway said:

What line would a train station at Postwick be on? - Either the Yarmouth or Lowestoft lines

Postwick rail line is already on both of the Yarmouth and Lowestoft lines. Council owned land and massive car park already there that could be had for free.

Posted (edited)
On 03/01/2024 at 01:39, kingsway said:

Well since first attending games in the late 70's I can only recall once in all that time when the old carpark that was behind the River End Stand thats now covered with high rise apartments, was flooded and even then the floods didn't get anywhere our great stadium! - If you look closely at these apartments the bottom floor is unoccupied has flood defences and this bottom floor is raised higher than the riverbank so I'd say these measures mean that the chance of flooding to the stadium have diminished even more from the days when that land was the main club car park!

On 02/01/2024 at 23:15, BigFish said:

Currently the EA has the chance of a tidal flood event at Carrow Road as 1 in a thousand per annum.  Even if if those chances increased ten fold it only gets to about 1 in 100 and that is without mitigating actions. That you think it will be salt water demonstrates that beyond some scarey hyperbole you haven't really researched this very well. Perhaps you should share your insights with the City Council and Broads Authority as the Greater Norwich Local Plan has the land downstream of the ground between the Yare and the railway lines, including the May & Gurney site, earmarked for development.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/24031863.flood-expected-warning-issued-norwich-city-centre/

They might have to reassess that again!

Edited by Sheva