dylanisabaddog

Things that annoy me about referees

Number 1

When the ball is out of play you can't commit a foul. But refs regularly hold up play because players are holding on to each other before corners. They give them a long telling off then completely ignore it once the kick is taken. 

Shouldn't it be the other way round? 

4. Foul throws. Stacey regularly has both feet over the line and it's ignored. Not hard really is it? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

6. Not being fit enough to keep up with play.                                                                         Simon Hooper

7. Disallowing perfectly good goals.                                                                                       Simon Hooper

8. Not having the self-realisation that you are cr@p                                                            see above

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Number 1

When the ball is out of play you can't commit a foul. But refs regularly hold up play because players are holding on to each other before corners. They give them a long telling off then completely ignore it once the kick is taken. 

In general, it is shirt pulling. Too much of it gets ignored, and this has been the case for ages.

Every shirt pull is a foul, imo. 

It does seem that refs. are tightening up a bit on it nowadays, I remember one particular time at Carrow Road a while ago during Roberts' spell. I was behind the Barclay goal and for one corner three separate players were pulling at his shirt in turn or together before the kick was taken. No foul was given.

18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Number 1

When the ball is out of play you can't commit a foul. 

Refs are weak and avoid “controversial” decisions . you can still commit an infringement whilst the ball is out of play. . The ref could still book a player for holding before the corner is taken but not give a pen . But they never do. 

That said I could write a book on referees and how they annoy me. And don’t tell me that without out a ref you don’t have a professional game because equally an idiot like Hooper wouldn’t get anywhere near professional sport without Football. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

here’s two of my hates for starters.

percentage decisions . A free kick on the half way line isn’t given in the box. 

getting busy with GK’s wasting time on 89 mins . Not the preceding 88 mins . 

19 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Refs are weak and avoid “controversial” decisions . you can still commit an infringement whilst the ball is out of play. . The ref could still book a player for holding before the corner is taken but not give a pen . But they never do. 

That said I could write a book on referees and how they annoy me. And don’t tell me that without out a ref you don’t have a professional game because equally an idiot like Hooper wouldn’t get anywhere near professional sport without Football. 

You can't give a free kick for an infringement when the ball is out of play. Or can you? 

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

4. Foul throws. Stacey regularly has both feet over the line and it's ignored. Not hard really is it? 

Ref ignoring players constantly gaining 10 plus yards at a throw. When it's done, just award the throw to the opposite team, that would soon stop it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You can't give a free kick for an infringement when the ball is out of play. Or can you? 

4. Restart of play after fouls and misconduct

If the ball is out of play, play is restarted according to the previous decision. 

You can apply the law of misconduct but not aware a foul for it . 
So player holding at a corner can be cautioned or even sent off but a penalty is not awarded. The award is the previous decision ie the corner . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

4. Restart of play after fouls and misconduct

If the ball is out of play, play is restarted according to the previous decision. 

You can apply the law of misconduct but not aware a foul for it . 
So player holding at a corner can be cautioned or even sent off but a penalty is not awarded. The award is the previous decision ie the corner . 

So in a nutshell, there is no point in refs constantly telling players off for being naughty before corners. Just let them get on with it and award a free kick or penalty if it carries on once the corner ball has been kicked

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

So in a nutshell, there is no point in refs constantly telling players off for being naughty before corners. Just let them get on with it and award a free kick or penalty if it carries on once the corner ball has been kicked

So if the ball hits a players arm, however innocuous, it can be deemed a penalty because the arm is in an 'unnatural position'. Whereas hugging another player with both arms is not considered as such.

Raising your hand towards another player outside the box is committing one of the seven deadly sins, and you will be smote by the man in black. Do it at a corner and it is fine.

Edited by RobJames

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Number 1

Usually because the players then know the referees are watching them So no infringement is made?