Sign in to follow this  
Sufyellow

The interview

6 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

First line.. Praises the Webbers. Un-fing-believable. 

Yes, the one person who put the club in millions of debt due to poor expensive signings and long contracts for aging  players.!! Thanks Mr Webber

• Like 1

On 07/11/2023 at 10:34, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Okay, okay. American chiming in here with a lot more context that is missing from the above comments by a Brewers fan. Caveat: I'm a Cubs fan and kind of hate them. But anyways ...

1. The Brewers have been and ARE a whiny little bunch. They perpetually live in the shadow of the Chicago Cubs and so have "Little Brother Syndrome." Milwaukee is kind of a dump and they don't have much exciting going on their lives.

2. Despite this, and also despite historically not being all that great by MLB standards ... they've developed a sense of entitlement in recent years. Why? Because they've actually been winning and doing well BECAUSE THE ATTANASIO FAMILY ARE GOOD OWNERS. They have the Brewers punching well above their weight through a combination of shrewd business moves, exploitation of the relative weakness of their division (National League Central), and ...

3. Craig Counsell. A Milwaukee native, former Brewers player (and a solid one), and their manager since 2015 (his only ever managerial gig). Widely regarded as one of the best in the game and has been much coveted.

4. Yesterday, in an absolute shocker, the Chicago Cubs stole Counsell out from under the Brewer's feet for BIG MONEY. Can't blame him, or the Cubs, who have ambitions and MUCH more money.

5. The Brewers fans, and everyone else, are rightly shocked. And they're pissed. They'll be fine. They'll go back to being mostly irrelevant.

6. Overall, it is incredibly hard to win baseball games and win a World Series. A "good" baseball team will only win 60% of its games. What happens when the ball leaves the bat is highly unpredictable, leading to lots of variability in the outcomes of games. This year ZERO of the top 5 MLB teams by win % made it to the World Series. That's even an outlier by baseball standards but highlights the central point: Winning in baseball is hard and "Oh if the Attanasios had just signed that one player we would have won the World Series!!" speak is garbage.

I'll remain on the sidelines for any and all questions about baseball! 

Well, I took some comfort from Attanasio's comment regarding stadium expansion and believe that it is something that could genuinely happen under his ownership. 

It's a shame that there might be 2 more years before this can begin to happen, but I'm not convinced the handover will take that long. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Well, I took some comfort from Attanasio's comment regarding stadium expansion and believe that it is something that could genuinely happen under his ownership. 

It's a shame that there might be 2 more years before this can begin to happen, but I'm not convinced the handover will take that long. 

Stadium expansion is the last thing we need to be spending money on at the moment.

If the team continue serving up the current dross then we wont be filling the current capacity even if we do cling on to Championship status (which I would guarantee if Delia remains in charge for next couple of years)

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

Stadium expansion is the last thing we need to be spending money on at the moment.

If the team continue serving up the current dross then we wont be filling the current capacity even if we do cling on to Championship status (which I would guarantee if Delia remains in charge for next couple of years)

Not if we plan to be self-funding longer term. Which is still their plan. 

7 hours ago, AJ said:

Although we had some transfer disasters during his tenure, namely the last two seasons or so, Webber does deserve praise. He joined a club wanting to progress and he did exactly that. 2 seasons in the Premier League, producing a whole host of youth talent and installing some world class facilities at the training ground. 

well he didn't produce the talent did he... he's not part of the coaching, nor the manager who provides (or doesn't) the opportunity!    Excepting for the training ground, we are now in a worse position overall than when he arrived especially as he's hypnotised the management team.    He needs to come back flick his fingers at Delia and Michael and shout 'back in the room'!   

I am not whinging and certainly not booing, but then I'm not going until Wagner is removed.  Supporter, former season ticket holder and sharedholder of 40 years standing have never been taken in by Saint Delia cant stand the woman.  And currently can't stand the club and the standard of football being offered.  Aplogies to Robocop you have lost your travelling companion hopefully a temporary situation.

8 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I really wish Delia would sit there and say nothing like her cowed husband in his massive weird suit does.

He bought it with Embassy coupons....allegedly.....