TIL 1010

You're Getting Sacked In The Morning.

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He was brilliant at Championship level and totally unsuited to the Premier League.

He's also 7 points behind the auto slots in the Championship now with a squad that was mostly playing in the Premier League last season.

He was negotiating chaos behind the scenes at Leeds during the early part of the season. 

He'll likely finish second and then will probably be given a significantly more fit for Premier League squad than he was ever given here.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Somewhat but also the Premier League has changed a lot in the last decade. There was loyalty shown and loyalty rewarded with Farke but I don't consider it anything too much. There were a lot of good performances in that Premier League season before Covid hit and we capitulated. 

Worst points tally in 120 years. We got more points the Premier League season when Farke was sacked and we didn't have Buendia.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He was brilliant at Championship level and totally unsuited to the Premier League.

He's also 7 points behind the auto slots in the Championship now with a squad that was mostly playing in the Premier League last season.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Somewhat but also the Premier League has changed a lot in the last decade. There was loyalty shown and loyalty rewarded with Farke but I don't consider it anything too much. There were a lot of good performances in that Premier League season before Covid hit and we capitulated. 

There are 3 teams that have less points today (I'm excluding Everton for obvious reasons) than Farke had at this point his first season in the premier league (10). 

The gap gets bigger each year. 

Edited by NFN FC
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Besides, "He was sent in to battle without a gun."

Webber's words (or similar.)

The PL has changed out of all recognition since Lambert's days.

Even Lambert has changed out of all recognition since Lambert's days."

Obvious, init!

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

He was negotiating chaos behind the scenes at Leeds during the early part of the season. 

He'll likely finish second and then will probably be given a significantly more fit for Premier League squad than he was ever given here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on 

Just now, NFN FC said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on 

I'd just love it if he pipped ITFC to that second automatic spot.

(With Russ then beating them in the play-offs.)

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

My God. Norwich really is a cult of f**king Daniel Farke now .

Well it's definitely not a cult of David Wagner!

What worries me most is that the wins against Cardiff and QPR didn't seem to positively impact our confidence. We still capitulated last night. Admittedly the injury to Hwang didn't help, and conceding 2 goals so close together.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

It really isn't.

Listen to yourself.You make excuses for our worst points tally in nearly 120 years while frenetically advocating for managerial change now that will make no difference at all.You are utterly ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

My God. Norwich really is a cult of f**king Daniel Farke now .

But is that surprising coinsidering the highs we had under him compared to what has happened since? We haven't had anyone who has inspired the fanbase anywhere near as much since. You then also factor in the way Leeds were so keen to snap him up and you start questionning whether we were right to sack him. The more time goes on the more I regret that we did. That squad we had in his 2nd Prem season was not good at all.

A majority of the cultish behavior I've seen on this forum has actually been from you, LYB. Vehemently defending the man in charge, be it Smith or Wagner, when there's nothing to defend.

I didn't make excuses. There was enough on the pitch that season to suggest that we would actually be fine going forward. We got 97 points in the next Championship season.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Listen to yourself.You make excuses for our worst points tally in nearly 120 years. You are utterly ridiculous.

Many factors were at play. Not much was Farke's fault. If you can't see that, you're too busy going down on Dean!

Get a New Man in ASAP this season is over so give him as much time as possible to get his plan and ideas across ,

January is coming up the New Man might know a few cheap players that will improve us next season ,

why waste a Transfer Window on Wagner ? 

New Man can get in decide who he wants to sign who we can get rid of ( if we can ! ) and maybe spend some of the Rowe and Sara money if they go ?

i do not want Wagner signing or spending anything he is not the future just wasting time and going backwards with him in charge 

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Many factors were at play. Not much was Farke's fault. If you can't see that, you're too busy going down on Dean!

Oh my f*king God. If managers are so unimportant, why is everybody so desperate  to get rid of the manager now when it will make no difference to the outcome of the season?

Farke's style is totally unsuited for Premier League survival without really top rate Premier League players. He showed that twice. Worst points tally in nearly 120 years. That's sh1t by any metric.

40 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No manager gets any free hits except for preseason training and preseason friendlies. Competitive games in charge count towards their record and how they'll be judged at the end of the season.

I think we've all pretty much written thus season off, we're not going down even we're not that bad. Now is the perfect chance to replace Wagner,  a new manager basically gets 8 months pre season with 2 windows. There's never been a time in our history when there's been a more perfect time to make a change.

Oh my f*king God. If managers are so unimportant, why is everybody so desperate  to get rid of the manager now when it will make no difference to the outcome of the season?

Because we are underperforming. 

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

In all seriousness, if people can't just get behind the team to get results and simply try to appreciate them getting results when they do then they need to stop going for the rest of the season for the squad's benefit and for their own benefit.

If you think that  it means crowds of around 15,000 going into 2024.

I agree will not make a difference on this season i think we know that ,

But it might make a Huge difference to next season if new man is here ASAP 

he will be settled in his Role , him and Knapper will have time to scout targets and maybe sign some frees before summer etc 

• Like 1

Just like we underperformed in the Premier League under Farke.

14th in the championship is underperforming. Bottom of the Premier league is par for the course. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I agree will not make a difference on this season i think we know that ,

But it might make a Huge difference to next season if new man is here ASAP 

he will be settled in his Role , him and Knapper will have time to scout targets and maybe sign some frees before summer etc 

It never happens like that and you know it. They'll be judged from the outset; short of a miracle and finishing in the playoffs. they'll have negative baggage all through the Summer.

But if a new manager comes in, who will haver the biggest influence on him?

Knapper; who might have already asked for more time for him and Wagner.

Delia; still too big an influence on the club.

Attanasio; no idea what he is doing. If he is playing the long game and is very patient, he is probably just happy taking the returns on his loans.

We are stuffed.

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

14th in the championship is underperforming. Bottom of the Premier league is par for the course. 

We did better in the Premier League when Dean Smith took over, and he didn't have Buendia.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We did better in the Premier League when Dean Smith took over, and he didn't have Buendia.

Actually I don't care. Dean Smith football was horrendous. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Edited by NFN FC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It never happens like that and you know it. They'll be judged from the outset; short of a miracle and finishing in the playoffs. they'll have negative baggage all through the Summer.

i do not think many supporters expect a new man to get us in the playoffs ,

to be honest the club are nowhere near ready it would be worse going up with this lot than when Farke got us up first time  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No manager gets any free hits except for preseason training and preseason friendlies. Competitive games in charge count towards their record and how they'll be judged at the end of the season.

All of that applies to Wagner and look where that has got us.

Yes, check through my post history and you'll find it.

F that