Worthy Nigelton

We are a CDM away from being half decent

25 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Very devilish KH.

So the fact that we have experienced top-flight several times in the last twenty years but haveย had a generally miserable time means that we should throw the towel in altogether then?

Perhaps we could afford to re-build that Main Stand withย yet another humiliation?

I'm not saying that,ย  I'm just saying for those that are I understand it as we've been drained of all excitement at being a Premier League club, Luton haven't.ย 

17 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I think it's absolutely certain that we'll be raiding a few Arsenal u23s in January

Worked well last time we got one....๐Ÿ˜

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not saying that,ย  I'm just saying for those that are I understand it as we've been drained of all excitement at being a Premier League club, Luton haven't.ย 

Of course not, but others seem to be.

It always gets my goat when a City supporter states that promotion to the PL is not desirable for the club.

There are a few.

Edited by BroadstairsR

On 11/11/2023 at 23:24, TheGunnShow said:

Increasingly I'm coming around to the idea of putting McLean in at centre-half. I can actually see him finishing his career there.

Well, maybe Wagner was reading my posts? ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

On 12/11/2023 at 15:41, Michael Starr said:

I think it's absolutely certain that we'll be raiding a few Arsenal u23s in January

There is a high likelihood of this happening come January. Knapper has quoted an exciting January upcoming. We do need a clear out of players and I wouldnt be adverse to any of the following departing should an acceptable bid come in: Hernadez, Gibbs, PP, Idah to name a few. This is providing we can get a better quality addition in through the door. Which seeing as our recruitment has been pretty pants for a long time remains to be seen.

I soย agree with the title to this thread. I really believe this squad deficiency has undermined so many elements of our game. It leaves the centre backs exposed which makes them look worse than they are, it means we get punished when the full backs lose the ball which in turn means they have become reluctant to attack as much. It means Sara has to play far too deep.ย 
ย 

A decent CDM alongside Nunez or Kenny and a trio of Sainz, Sara and Rowe behind Sargent is a good line up in my view.ย 

On 11/11/2023 at 22:24, TheGunnShow said:

Increasingly I'm coming around to the idea of putting McLean in at centre-half. I can actually see him finishing his career there.

I made this comment in November last year. The Bristol City match when McLean popped up at left centre-half was at the start of December.

Was Wagner reading this board? ๐Ÿ˜„

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I made this comment in November last year. The Bristol City match when McLean popped up at left centre-half was at the start of December.

Was Wagner reading this board? ๐Ÿ˜„

Or are you David Wagner? I mean, we know you're basically German.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I kenn not kon-firm nor dee-nai zees alle-gay-shuns. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Ugh. I've been defending @TheGunnShowย for the past couple months? I take it all back! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha 2