CANARYKING

Do you think Wagner knows he is for the chop ?

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

My hope was that he would at least achieve enough to keep us within touching distance of top-six in order to give any replacement a fighting chance of promotion. Hanging on to him has scuttled that hope. Now we talk of survival more often than we talk of top six. I firmly believe that our squad is better than Wagner gets from them. How much better is the question, I suspect quite a lot the answer.

I'm really not sure that there's much to base that on other than wishful thinking. I don't see enough individual quality (apart from in two, perhaps three cases) for any manager to construct a promotion-challenging team from, so I'm wondering whether a potentially expensive managerial change is really what's required now.

21 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

I'm really not sure that there's much to base that on other than wishful thinking. I don't see enough individual quality (apart from in two, perhaps three cases) for any manager to construct a promotion-challenging team from, so I'm wondering whether a potentially expensive managerial change is really what's required now.

Fair enough, but we need to find out and the current manager's record, selections, tactics and substitutions (have I covered everything) hardly help his case.

The fact is that we have played a lot of decent football this season and matched the best and dominated the lesser on lots of occasions, however there appears to be a disconnect between tactics etc. and performances that almost predicts scorelines (Leeds being the prime example.) The number of posters on this forum alone who predicted defeat last Sunday was indicative of the lack of faith in the manager, if nothing else.

They might not be a brilliant bunch, but they are far better than their current standing.

What attributes can you see in Wagner to justify not making that change?

There is debate about the cost of change admittedly, but it is an unprecedented state of affairs when the club can no longer rid it'self of a dud because it cannot afford to surely?

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

I'm starting to think Wagner will be here for QPR now regardless how it goes at Cardiff. Lose that at FCR then he will be toast regardless of what Delia thinks.

I don't know why Knapper isn't starting tomorrow so he actually gets to see Wagner in action, perhaps he will be there or watching on a dodgy stream? Wagner's body language will be interesting and it was pretty woeful against Blackburn.

Lose 2 more in a row then we will be in a relegation battle.

I actually think he's useless and the injuries are a bit smoke and mirrors really. His inability to adapt style or even make substitutions that make a positive impact is really quite alarming. Having said that I do believe and hope the club has learned not to sack the manager unless we have a replacement pretty much lined up. Unfortunately the 'anyone but Smith' attitude gave us Wagner, who looks even worse.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm starting to think Wagner will be here for QPR now regardless how it goes at Cardiff. Lose that at FCR then he will be toast regardless of what Delia thinks.

I don't know why Knapper isn't starting tomorrow so he actually gets to see Wagner in action, perhaps he will be there or watching on a dodgy stream? Wagner's body language will be interesting and it was pretty woeful against Blackburn.

Lose 2 more in a row then we will be in a relegation battle.

I actually think he's useless and the injuries are a bit smoke and mirrors really. His inability to adapt style or even make substitutions that make a positive impact is really quite alarming. Having said that I do believe and hope the club has learned not to sack the manager unless we have a replacement pretty much lined up. Unfortunately the 'anyone but Smith' attitude gave us Wagner, who looks even worse.

Agreed - he’s useless - yet has more time to be useless due to our useless owners 

I'll call it now. Unless Knapper's arrival provides a new influence, or we get completely humiliated at Cardiff tomorrow, Wagner will be sacked on 17th December after the Ipswich match.

My main biggest bug bear remains the fact that yes, his substitutions don't change the game state, but also they always seemed to be pre-planned for 60 minutes whatever the state of play. It's almost like he is an automaton pre-programmed by the Binners. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRock said:

I'll call it now. Unless Knapper's arrival provides a new influence, or we get completely humiliated at Cardiff tomorrow, Wagner will be sacked on 17th December after the Ipswich match.

if it wasn't remembrance sunday - he'd be going then..

so monday..

although i guess a saturday night chopping might be possible

32 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

if it wasn't remembrance sunday - he'd be going then..

so monday..

although i guess a saturday night chopping might be possible

He won't be going anywhere until Knapper starts on Monday at the very earliest.