Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Farke won at Brentford then sacked so …………..

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke obviously done brilliantly to set up the team to maximise the ability of Buendia / Pukki but I think @Fen Canary makes a good point that without someone of Emi's ilk we were likely to struggle under him.

I think if Farke had an equal to Emi this season Leeds would be top. Instead, despite having arguably the strongest side in the league they're 11 points behind Leicester

Leeds have several Buendias, but were in a bit of a state at the beginning of the season, with disharmony amongst the players and disgruntled fans alongside a losing mentality.  Farke has done what he does - brings everyone together, but to expect him to have done that from the start of the season is a bit much imo. Leicester were always going to be  the team to catch.

Leeds are now clicking into top gear with Gnonto et al all starting to play at their best in a typically Farkelike fluid and dominating style that we know about so well.

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke obviously done brilliantly to set up the team to maximise the ability of Buendia / Pukki but I think @Fen Canary makes a good point that without someone of Emi's ilk we were likely to struggle under him.

I think if Farke had an equal to Emi this season Leeds would be top. Instead, despite having arguably the strongest side in the league they're 11 points behind Leicester

Cantwell could have been that player. Unfortunately it seems it was decided to ditch that style of play, and that is possibly why it unravelled for him here. IMO, ditching a free flowing football philosophy in favour of playing more defensively was a ridiculous thing to do so soon into the ‘project’ - did we not learn this from the past - Lambert/Hughton for instance? 

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

One of the things I like about Norwich is the board making an effort to give manager's time; barely any managers in football seem to get enough time at any club to really let things 

They don't follow it through though. Ferguson and Wenger had bad seasons, but they were stuck with for years. We stick with managers longer than most, but in the end the board give in to pressure.

Building a dynasty is what it is about - like having a Brian Clough or a Dario Gradi - managers who are in situ whatever happens, knowing they will always do a good job, through the ups and downs of football. 

Of all our recent managers - and we've had some good ones - Farke was "the one" as far as I'm concerned - and it looked like the club agreed, with his new long contract....but he was dumped, chasing for the overhyped, feebly led, var ridden cess pit of greed and corruption that is the Premier League.

I thought Norwich were better than that, with their sustainability policy, but Webber blew that in his gamble for PL success. Sacking Farke was a big mistake imo and Smith was a very poor replacement, both sackings presumably costing millions in compensation. 

The Farke dynasty should have been at least 8 years, not four years and eleven games. A win percentage of 41.38 over his time here, despite the awful PL situations of weak squads, injuries and covid. 

• Like 1

Afternoon all, just to say history is history and should be left there!

Webber thank god will soon be part our history and we move forwards with Knapper!

The trouble is we’re now left with this squad and little money to work with so I’m hopeful of the loans market come January to strengthen the CDM & Forward positions, I hope we an and do send Hwang back to Forest!

So I’ve thrown my next manager as much as I like Wanger his coaching and results have been woefully bad! So Carlos Cuesta along with Wiltshire from Arsenal, young and talented pair with potential to work with our academy system to develop our team & squad, transitioning from old journeymen back to a vibrant and youthful team.

We have so many good youngsters with bags of potential, Warner, Fischer, Rowe, Gibbs, to name a few and some decent players coming into their prime too! Sargent, Sara. Lots to be positive about!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Afternoon all, just to say history is history and should be left there!

Webber thank god will soon be part our history and we move forwards with Knapper!

The trouble is we’re now left with this squad and little money to work with so I’m hopeful of the loans market come January to strengthen the CDM & Forward positions, I hope we an and do send Hwang back to Forest!

So I’ve thrown my next manager as much as I like Wanger his coaching and results have been woefully bad! So Carlos Cuesta along with Wiltshire from Arsenal, young and talented pair with potential to work with our academy system to develop our team & squad, transitioning from old journeymen back to a vibrant and youthful team.

We have so many good youngsters with bags of potential, Warner, Fischer, Rowe, Gibbs, to name a few and some decent players coming into their prime too! Sargent, Sara. Lots to be positive about!

Afternoon Ben. Didn’t think you were in till the 13th..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Afternoon Ben. Didn’t think you were in till the 13th..

You’d better hope not! I’d have us non league in three seasons! You think Webber was bad!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Building a dynasty is what it is about - like having a Brian Clough or a Dario Gradi - managers who are in situ whatever happens, knowing they will always do a good job, through the ups and downs of football. 

Having been stripped of his MBE for failing to protect children from sexual abuse citing Dario Gradi as someone who always did a good job through the ups and downs of football doesn’t really convince me Lakey.

Brian Clough did fantastically well on limited resources but was a bully who treated Justin Fashanu and others appallingly. His 44 days at Leeds showed ‘ ol’ big head ‘ that he didn’t always get it all his own way. Hardly someone to look up to at all.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.