Sign in to follow this  
Indy

It’s not all Wagner, you can’t motivate 30 year olds

Wagners been set up to fail! Duffy sums up why you don’t sign 30+ journeymen, they have zero connection and no motivation!

Webber has killed this club and the sooner someone at board level takes control and starts to set standards we’re only heading one way!

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How old is Harry Kane again?

Seriously? Your trying to compare our lot to one of the best footballers on the planet? That's literally no argument what so ever. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How old is Harry Kane again?

Harry Kane was wanted and bought in Duffy was released!

Whilst I accept it’s not all Wagner fault, there are plenty of over 30 players who are excellent.

It’s not age but the way they are being asked to play and fact they don’t get dropped despite mistake after mistake which is Wagners fault

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Sorry but I don't buy that at all. Lamest reason of the day. 

Really, Duffy looked motivated! 

Seems to me that the appointment of Wagner and all these old lags was Webber's attempt at tiding us over until the new SD arrived. Safe, sensible appointment/signings, a caretaker coach with caretaker players. Or so he thought.  What a mess.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Really, Duffy looked motivated! 

Well I didn't see any motivation at all. Nunez is how old? Sara how old? It looked like they had hsd a meeting and said lets just turn up and that will get rid of Wagner.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Well I didn't see any motivation at all. Nunez is how old? Sara how old? It looked like they had hsd a meeting and said lets just turn up and that will get rid of Wagner.

The point of experience is to lead and motivate the younger players, one credit McLean does that in his way! These new players aren’t connected and bar Barnes the rest really are just liabilities! It’s a summer of building on the cheap by an unmotivated SD who only gives part his time and effort! Should have gone years ago and this squad Hwang, utterly out his depth, Duffy terrible, Batth Can’t get a game! We had Hanley, Gibson we didn’t need more experienced journeymen but that’s what we got! 

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Seriously? Your trying to compare our lot to one of the best footballers on the planet? That's literally no argument what so ever. 

I know. Jesus wept.

You can. It's hard however to motivate 30+ year olds to play a style of football that requires extremely fit, fast, energetic players though. I'm sure if you spoke to Duffy in a quiet room he would prefer not to be messing about with it at the back so much and playing such a high line but he was the best we could afford and is just doing what he's told. McLean is clearly motivated but he's being asked to do the job of two men which means he's tiring a lot which is why you see him jogging sometimes and catching a breather. I know Wagner likes Fassnatch and Hwang but they're not runners, they have no pace and they're no good at pressing so totally unsuited to the style of football. Onel is motivated and technically suited but he's having a bad year. 

So for me it's not motivation it's a lack of suitability to what they're being asked. If we could've done for Wagner what we did for Farke in his second season and signed him a load of younger players suited to his style I think we'd be in a much better place right now but as we're broke he has to make do with what he has. 

I've said in other threads we need a back to basics approach with the next manager. Not because I love organised, counter attacking football but because it suits our playing squad and budget and until we sort the finances out we need to give up the idea of a playing philosophy for a while because we can't afford to get the right players to suit it. This season and Farke's first were rubbish, not because they're terrible managers but because those types of coaches need specific players and if you can't afford to give it to them then get a more pragmatic manager who puts results first. 

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

You can. It's hard however to motivate 30+ year olds to play a style of football that requires extremely fit, fast, energetic players though. I'm sure if you spoke to Duffy in a quiet room he would prefer not to be messing about with it at the back so much and playing such a high line but he was the best we could afford and is just doing what he's told. McLean is clearly motivated but he's being asked to do the job of two men which means he's tiring a lot which is why you see him jogging sometimes and catching a breather. I know Wagner likes Fassnatch and Hwang but they're not runners, they have no pace and they're no good at pressing so totally unsuited to the style of football. Onel is motivated and technically suited but he's having a bad year. 

So for me it's not motivation it's a lack of suitability to what they're being asked. If we could've done for Wagner what we did for Farke in his second season and signed him a load of younger players suited to his style I think we'd be in a much better place right now but as we're broke he has to make do with what he has. 

I've said in other threads we need a back to basics approach with the next manager. Not because I love organised, counter attacking football but because it suits our playing squad and budget and until we sort the finances out we need to give up the idea of a playing philosophy for a while because we can't afford to get the right players to suit it. This season and Farke's first were rubbish, not because they're terrible managers but because those types of coaches need specific players and if you can't afford to give it to them then get a more pragmatic manager who puts results first. 

Brilliant post ,