lake district canary

Why is Wagner still in the job?

For the statiticians amongst you. 

Wagner has won 12 games at championship level since he arrived - thats 12 wins out of his last 34 league matches. 

Farke was sacked with a record of winning 16 in his last 34 league games for us - and 11 of his matches were in the PL.

Go figure.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

For the statiticians amongst you. 

Wagner has won 12 games at championship level since he arrived - thats 12 wins out of his last 34 league matches. 

Farke was sacked with a record of winning 16 in his last 34 league games for us - and 11 of his matches were in the PL.

Go figure.

No leadership at the club, there’s many who need to leave this club but won’t. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

We don't know if Webber has recommended Wagner is sacked but the BOD has voted against it. Neither party will go public on that.

The situation with Farke was different because there was still a belief we could stay in the Premier League with the right Head Coach. Obviously it didn’t work out but there isn't the same drive for change at this point.

That situation might change if come January when season ticket renewals are announced there is a realistic threat of relegation to League One.

Plus we wait with bated breath to hear what the club’s financial position is. I fear it won't look good at all and a player or two will need to be sold.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Because of the interregnum between Webber and Knapper, and between D&M and the Attanasios.

Stuck in purgatory, I'm afraid. It's going to be a while before we leave it: whether to the inferno or paradiso, time will tell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We don't know if Webber has recommended Wagner is sacked but the BOD has voted against it. Neither party will go public on that.

The situation with Farke was different because there was still a belief we could stay in the Premier League with the right Head Coach. Obviously it didn’t work out but there isn't the same drive for change at this point.

That situation might change if come January when season ticket renewals are announced there is a realistic threat of relegation to League One.

Plus we wait with bated breath to hear what the club’s financial position is. I fear it won't look good at all and a player or two will need to be sold.

I cannot imagine that our American friends will be happy of how things are going and how a potential revisit to League One will affect the current protracted takeover. 

• Like 2