Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

The TV thread

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks, I will check out North Water. I had seen that about the supposed second series of The Terror.

Terror Season 2 isssssss good btw. Just preparing you that it's not a repeat of Jolly English Sailors on a jaunt

A friend recommended Yellowstone.  Hmmmm. 

What is it with American actors who mumble into the microphone in an accent that would be difficult to understand in the first place? I gave up in frustration. 

• Like 1

A French Iraq/Isis War series on BBC4, Dark Hearts, is very watchable. Quite tense and decent characters in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nordic Noir is my go to. Wisting was very good. Can't cope with low iq/lowest common denominator tv such as Strictly, X Factor, Love Island etc. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

A French Iraq/Isis War series on BBC4, Dark Hearts, is very watchable. Quite tense and decent characters in it.

I will give that a try later Herman. 

• Like 1

Just now, Canary73 said:

Nordic Noir is my go to. Wisting was very good. Can't cope with low iq/lowest common denominator tv such as Strictly, X Factor, Love Island etc. 

Absolutely this C73, Love Island and Big Brother are the worst, they rob me of a 9 O'Clock Family Guy during the week, and as we know, FG never would stoop to the lowest common denominator.

I've never met/heard anyone who actually watched Mrs Brown's Boys. The problem is the people who actually commission this tosh as much as those that watch it. That an the amount of adverts on ITV 3/4 etc and programmes they edit out because of the time they are shown or modern broadcasting standards. Much easier to watch the professionals/sweeney. carry on films via DVD 

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm told that the second series of Time is very good. 

The first series is superb and is available on iplayer. 

Yes, first series was excellent. Sean Bean put in a great performance, as we're the rest of the cast. Hers hoping the new one is as good. 

Still a sucker for Masterchef Professionals- me, who just ate sausage and chips for tea, telling trained chefs on the TV they are preparing fine dining food incorrectly.

• Like 1

The BBC documentary, Taking Down An OCG, was very good if you like police procedurals. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Still a sucker for Masterchef Professionals- me, who just ate sausage and chips for tea, telling trained chefs on the TV they are preparing fine dining food incorrectly.

As long as they were Archers sausages that's fine. 

On 31/10/2023 at 09:58, king canary said:

Cauliflower three ways 😀

On 31/10/2023 at 11:06, dylanisabaddog said:

As long as they were Archers sausages that's fine. 

I have to agree. Tried some the other day for the first time. Superb 👌 and 8 in a lb. Not the normal 6.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2023 at 10:32, dylanisabaddog said:

Julia Bradbury's Irish Journey on C4 at 8.30 on Saturday. 

I'd happily watch a programme about her hanging out the washing so should be good with some beautiful landscapes as well. 

One for @wcorkcanary

i kmow Jim and Maria Kennedy well, (the Kayak people).... would have replied when posted but was banned(21days 4 hrs?).... for abusive behaviour ....funny as the person i 'abused' preides himself on calling a spade a spade, so why cant i call a cont a cont?

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

i kmow Jim and Maria Kennedy well, (the Kayak people).... would have replied when posted but was banned(21days 4 hrs?).... for abusive behaviour ....funny as the person i 'abused' preides himself on calling a spade a spade, so why cant i call a cont a cont?

😂