KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Coventry v Norwich**

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It has to be down to the coach first and players second. If a player isn't up to it its hardly his fault. But the coach is now allowed to stand on the side of the pitch and bark out orders to his players. So was Wagner the one telling the back four to pass it among themselves rather than go for a second goal? If not he had ample time to tell them to stop it and push up the pitch. If you are Pep with the players at your disposal then you can keep possession for as long as you want. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury and knowing that we concede at 1.6 goals a game, it should be evident a second goal is important.

So I have lost patience with the man. Its not the players, its him.

We actually had a decent spell in the middle of the 2nd half, we were keeping the ball well enough that they didn't look like hurting us. Why he then brought Batth on I don't know, it was asking for a Coventry onslaught.

....and also ,given that we have absolutely f*uck all up front be it either Idah or Hwang, surely we need to have anyone in midfield (besides Rowe) capable of scoring a goal deployed in an advanced enough position to chip in.

In Sara we have a potential 12-15 goal a sesason midfielder which Wagner once again chose to straight jacket by playing him deep.

There can be absolutely no excuses for this again post international break where Forshaw will surely be fully fit and Nunez and Sorenson should be back

• Like 1

Well that was another fun day watching City. Average at best first half and absolutely shocking in the second. Great turnout though in the away end (2,885) but we were lucky to get a point. 

11 minutes ago, repman said:

We actually had a decent spell in the middle of the 2nd half, we were keeping the ball well enough that they didn't look like hurting us. Why he then brought Batth on I don't know, it was asking for a Coventry onslaught.

I agree. Wagner's biggest fault is he can't leave well alone. He overthinks.

Hate to say this but the top 2 are pissing the league at the moment. Just can't see Leicester slipping up and even the binners have a 3 game cushion.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hate to say this but the top 2 are pissing the league at the moment. Just can't see Leicester slipping up and even the binners have a 3 game cushion.

It’s plainly obvious by now. Ipswich play with no fear, we don’t. 

It's a real shame we've suffered with injuries as we have little threat, hold up play or clever movement upfront. No department seem in sync at times. Sara was incredibly poor today as was Kenny giving the ball away. I thought it was a poor starting 11, but assume it was due to tiredness of Gianni and Co. I still think PP, Sam M, Gibbs, Idah are nowhere near the standard of player required at the top level in the championship.

Im not Wagner's biggest fan currently as I find his starting 11s, subs pretty poor. But he is trying to making good out of a bad situation. Given how poor we've been playing we're still in the mix for playoffs, despite not being great. A win today would of inspired some confidence, however we were so poor the first half I genuinely thought Coventry should of won and were the better team.

It's almost time to throw in Jaden Warner at the back and put Forshaw in the mix. 

47 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

It's a real shame we've suffered with injuries as we have little threat, hold up play or clever movement upfront. No department seem in sync at times. Sara was incredibly poor today as was Kenny giving the ball away. I thought it was a poor starting 11, but assume it was due to tiredness of Gianni and Co. I still think PP, Sam M, Gibbs, Idah are nowhere near the standard of player required at the top level in the championship.

Im not Wagner's biggest fan currently as I find his starting 11s, subs pretty poor. But he is trying to making good out of a bad situation. Given how poor we've been playing we're still in the mix for playoffs, despite not being great. A win today would of inspired some confidence, however we were so poor the first half I genuinely thought Coventry should of won and were the better team.

It's almost time to throw in Jaden Warner at the back and put Forshaw in the mix. 

Next game, must play Sainz Sara and Rowe behind whichever striker.

They seem our best bet for goals from midfield in the absence of better striker.

The decks appeared to have been cleared for Sainz on the right with Fassnacht seemingly out of favour  ,no more pis sing about 'giving him minutes' for the U21's, get him in !!!!