Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The highlights

You know looking back think it's fair to say that given the shots we made and the chances we had we could very well have won by 4 or more goals. Anyways we won, so I guess that's all that matters in the end right?😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Thanks 2

This is true, we deserved the win, but Birmingham had some great chances too. It could have been a different ending quite easily. 

I think I read a comment last week “Gunn isn’t very good”. Hopefully those people looking for a scapegoat for the Plymouth debacle look at Gunns performance yesterday and realise that actually, he’s pretty good.

Also, Ben Gibson, I’ve been such a big critic of his but, I thought yesterday was possibly his best performance for us. If he played with that level of composure every week I’d soon be a big fan. Credit where it’s due.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

This is true, we deserved the win, but Birmingham had some great chances too. It could have been a different ending quite easily. 

I think I read a comment last week “Gunn isn’t very good”. Hopefully those people looking for a scapegoat for the Plymouth debacle look at Gunns performance yesterday and realise that actually, he’s pretty good.

Also, Ben Gibson, I’ve been such a big critic of his but, I thought yesterday was possibly his best performance for us. If he played with that level of composure every week I’d soon be a big fan. Credit where it’s due.

I'm sure I remember Gibson going on a run that saw him dribble past two players.

• Like 2

This might sound a bit weird, but that shot that Idah put just past the post in the first half gave me greater confidence in him than any of the goals he's scored this season. Took the ball really well, moved it really decisively and hit the shot with great power. Looked like a player with much more confidence in that moment. 

Wish he was better in the air, though.  Should have done so much better with that header.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This might sound a bit weird, but that shot that Idah put just past the post in the first half gave me greater confidence in him than any of the goals he's scored this season. Took the ball really well, moved it really decisively and hit the shot with great power. Looked like a player with much more confidence in that moment. 

Wish he was better in the air, though.  Should have done so much better with that header.

Given he's about 6ft4 it's always been surprising that's hes never really been that good in the air. Then again I guess he is in more of a beanpole mould than a brickhouse mould

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Exact same thoughts. Watched it back a few times with my son and both enjoyed it thoroughly. Would have loved it if it went in. Very encouraging though 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm sure I remember Gibson going on a run that saw him dribble past two players.

He did some great early sniffing out of attacks in that last 20 or so too. I thought he was great yesterday, an on form Gibson is a fantastic Championship CB.

41 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He did some great early sniffing out of attacks in that last 20 or so too. I thought he was great yesterday, an on form Gibson is a fantastic Championship CB.

Yep, great performance yesterday, and I'd have dropped him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given he's about 6ft4 it's always been surprising that's hes never really been that good in the air. Then again I guess he is in more of a beanpole mould than a brickhouse mould

Cc he's many things, not all complimentary but he's certainly not a beanpole