Sooty57

Back in the fight, or cut adrift?

We've only had one poor performance this year and were robbed at Southampton. Plus we had to play Southampton when they were still confident and still had Nathan Tella in their side. Rotherham was one of those games, they happen so I don't think overall we're in a bad place. 

A win tonight is a tough ask but draw and we'll still be on 2 ppg, the teams above us have had great starts but there's no way any of them are going to be able to sustain that and will slip up eventually. If they do maintain their form all season we'll end up with 3 teams on well over 100 points at the end of the season which just isn't going to happen

That almost happened in League One last year, and it isn't impossible by any means. Having said that the Champs is a much more even league and it's still likely that anyone with 2 points per game is promoted automatically. I agree that remains the target over the season - I don't much care where we are in the league table in October.

4 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

We've only had one poor performance this year and were robbed at Southampton. Plus we had to play Southampton when they were still confident and still had Nathan Tella in their side. Rotherham was one of those games, they happen so I don't think overall we're in a bad place. 

A win tonight is a tough ask but draw and we'll still be on 2 ppg, the teams above us have had great starts but there's no way any of them are going to be able to sustain that and will slip up eventually. If they do maintain their form all season we'll end up with 3 teams on well over 100 points at the end of the season which just isn't going to happen

Hull managed a win against Leicester.
No idea how they did it.

On 20/09/2023 at 09:01, Leedscanary said:

Every game is important. 

I remember last season under Dean Smith (shudder) we were top, unbeaten in 5(?) and could have gone 6 points in front of Burnley. 

We lost and went on the downward spiral that ultimately defined our season. 

Momentum is key, some may see Leicester as a free hit but I’d expect at least a draw

Since the Leicester game, we've won against Birmingham.

And lost the rest.

History repeating?

12 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

A few of us saw it coming.

This is worse than last seasons spiral, too.

He has to go and go now. What is the point in hanging on with this loser? It could never get much better and could even get worse.

Put a caretaker manager in (even Adams will do, but Pelach seems a good suggestion) and this gives Ben Knapper time to hunt for a manager of his own choosing.  We might be surprised.

Poor old Wagner has had his life used up already by being given the Summer and this season to sort things out. Instead of looking positive it is ominously awful. 

For those who shudder at the thought of promotion to the Premier League, I shudder at the thought of boring mid-table or worse Chumps existence, the squad weakening and fighting against annual losses by selling our young prematurely. This latter is now a trend underway perhaps? Omo had to be sold and the general consensus is that Rowe will be the next before he has hardly hatched.

I     image.jpeg.2e938c62cff04a49cb3e5fea47022bd5.jpeg                  yo-yo

image.jpeg

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

To be fair we did scrape a 1-1 at Coventry

Ah, we did.

Felt like a loss though - Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!