Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Shane Duffy the immovable object

Can we give some credit to Duffy? Was pretty immense yesterday. Made some real good and solid blocks and tackles and was always barking out orders and looked the real deal. Good to see even more with how awful his time at Celtic down to his family issues so happy he seems to be back to enjoying his football. Alongside McLean feels like a real good player and here's hoping he keeps it up as so far he's been great

Duffy, Stacey and to a lesser extent Barnes have made a huge difference this season, add in Rowe's progress and it's not hard to see why City have started so well. Duffy always looks calm and composed with the ball, I just wish some of it would rub off onto Gibson.

Kenny is doing an excellent job as skipper, putting himself about to help and encourage our players. Hope he keeps the armband permanently, especially as Hanley will not get back in the starting eleven now.

6 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Duffy should be captain imo

He is when Kenny isn't playing (see cup games) I'm sure that would continue if Kenny dropped out for whatever reason. 

I agree though, I like a center half captain but the mayor is doing perfectly fine right now. 

9 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Duffy should be captain imo

Nah credit where its due, Kenny's having a stormer this season and looks totally in place as captain.
(Plus it gives him a reason to point now as hes the skipper)

26 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Duffy has been very impressive, as good as Hanley in the air (no mean feat) but can actually control the ball and pass it too. An upgrade on Hanley in every way.

We need to take Hanley out of the conversation. 
He is not going to play for us again, walking with a slight limp yesterday hes miles away from running / springs and light years away from 90 minutes. When he comes back he will never be at the standard we require. If hes smart hes on his coaching badges as we speak and he looks to become an emergency back up / coach at Norwich or get ready to go play in the Scottish Prem.

On 17/09/2023 at 17:28, Nexus_Canary said:

We need to take Hanley out of the conversation. 
He is not going to play for us again, walking with a slight limp yesterday hes miles away from running / springs and light years away from 90 minutes. When he comes back he will never be at the standard we require. If hes smart hes on his coaching badges as we speak and he looks to become an emergency back up / coach at Norwich or get ready to go play in the Scottish Prem.

Sadly this is true. I do feel Hanleys injury may have put a rather bad end to his career. But I suppose the question is since he's been out have we missed him?

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly this is true. I do feel Hanleys injury may have put a rather bad end to his career. But I suppose the question is since he's been out have we missed him?

No, because we knew he was out long term and signed Duffy to replace him.

The question may arise if Duffy or Gibson get injured as well.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

On 19/09/2023 at 07:56, cambridgeshire canary said:

The latter part of last season we clearly did but since has been addressed in the arrival of Duffy