Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocops Big Question - Favourite Kit & Amazing Finds!

Hey fellow Norwich City fans!

After the epic last-minute win over the weekend, it's time for the return of the Big Question of the Week on The Pink un forum!

This week, we're diving into the exciting realm of football fashion by discussing our best Norwich City kits of all time. 

Let's discuss our favorite Norwich City kits of all time, including the classic home kit, the stylish away and third kits, the iconic goalie jerseys, and even the cool training shirts and leisure wear.

ALSO Share your amazing finds related to Norwich City kits! It could be a hidden gem you found in a charity shop or an exclusive kit that holds a special place in your collection.

I can't wait to hear about your fantastic discoveries and see which kits hold a special place in your hearts. Let's spread the positivity and celebrate our love for Norwich City on this forum!

On the ball city! 🟡🟢🔰

1: All time favorite shirt - very close between this and the white Colman's away shirt.

2: Favorite home shirt. 

3: Favorite away shirt 

4: Favorite wacky 3rd shirt. (For the mulumbu lols) 

5: first shirt I ever had as a kid. 

6/7: Great car boot find. 

8: Sentimental shirt -  my grandads shirt, wore it to every game he took me to and right through to my adults years with him, he eventually stopped going due to health yet every match day still wore that shirt. So it takes pride of place in my collection. 

IMG_20230808_084801440.jpg

IMG_20230808_085215074.jpg

IMG_20230808_084834200.jpg

IMG_20230808_084923017.jpg

IMG_20230808_085532990.jpg

IMG_20230808_085438808.jpg

IMG_20230808_085444956.jpg

IMG_20230808_085401949.jpg

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

I have 4 or 5 jerseys & a number of t-shirts but the jewel in the crown is still the 92/93 vintage. It's travelled to numerous continents & is showing its age but still in the cupboard. These days it requires a chisel & putty knife to remove from torso after usage. 

• Like 1

It's always difficult to separate out the memories of the season from the feelings about the kit.  Hence the 92/93 kit which regularly gets a mention in polls of the worst kits ever released still being fondly remembered by most including me.  See also the15/16 promotion season shirt which was one of my least favourites.

In terms of pure aesthetics, last seasons shirt was a thing of beauty despite the team being quite the opposite.  As a slightly left field choice I also really liked the 21/22 away kit in black and turquoise with the Lotus sponsorship logo, again despite a godawful season.

There is definitely some evidence that our performance is inversely proportional to how good the shirt is.  Perhaps instead of playing for the shirt some try extra hard to play their way out of bad kits. Leaves me with some cautious optimism for our fortunes this season ...

• Like 2

I'm plumping for the Asics kit as my ultimate favourite, but really rate the white Colman's away kit too. I do have a fondness for the Adidas kits and last years effort, wonderful pin stripe efforts.

The admiral efforts of the 70's were iconic but damned uncomfortable to wear. However the Admiral track top was a thing of beauty, the mainly green one with a yellow and green striped upper chest. I saw someone wearing it in Sheffield city centre at the recent UK cycling competition, made a beeline to him and professed my huge jealousy of him having it.

This link to a new version of the historic kits site will perhaps trigger a few more memories.

Norwich City Kit History - Football Kit Archive

• Like 1

This reminds me, i need to pick up the Leo Vegas promotion shirt as it's one I've loved but never owned. 

Love these threads mate - good idea.

1: All time favorite shirt - has to be the 92-94 egg and cress

2: Favorite home shirt. see above

3: Favorite away shirt - The 94-96 blue tartan one (image below)

4: Favorite wacky 3rd shirt. I do like the Mulumbu one picked by GodlyO above (even if it looks like a rugby shirt to me), but gotta go for the 2016-17 reverse egg and cress one (image below)

5: first shirt I ever had as a kid. - found the 89-91 Asics shirt in a sports shop in Swindon in about 1994 (back when you could buy assorted shirts from previous seasons in sports shops). Was adult size and way too big so I wore it over my puffy ski jacket for my first ever visit to Carrow Road as a 9 year old in 1994!

6. Purchase - finally managed to get hold of the navy 1993-94 UEFA third shirt, which I remember seeing in the shops in Norwich in that season. Cost me a fair amount, from Ukraine of all places. (image below)

7: Sentimental shirt -  the 1992-94 white and purple away and the 94-96 GK away shirts were two I had as a kid.

It's fair to say I generally prefer the wackier designs, and also anything from when I first started supporting them - the nostalgic connection is too strong.

I also like that we pretty much never wore the UEFA one, nor the white and purple away (apparently worn just once in 2 seasons, against Wolves in a cup match?) Back in the days when you only wore your away shirt if you had to.

3rd.jpg

blue.jpg

uefa.jpg

Edited by Canarywary
  • Like 1

The adidas pinstripe one from the early 80s is probably objectively the best kit, and I loved last year's homage to it. The asics one with the diagonal stripes runs it close - would love to see a similar homage to that.

One that hasn't been mentioned above which I have a fondness for is the 86-87 hummel shirt with the green sleeves. Think of it as the Kevin Drinkell shirt. Probably more to do with that being the first season I saw City in the top flight.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 12.37.09.png

5 hours ago, Yobocop said:

A nod to some of the GK shirts down the years:

Norwich City Goalkeeper football shirt 1994 - 1996.

Norwich City Goalkeeper football shirt 1996 - 1997. Sponsored by Norwich &  Peterborough Building Society

Norwich City Goalkeeper football shirt 1998 - 1999. Sponsored by Colman's

Classic Football Shirts - Norwich 1997-98 Goalkeeper. Hall of Fame or Hall  of Shame? | Facebook

Norwich City Goalkeeper - CLASSIC for sale football shirt 1992 - 1994.  Sponsored by Norwich & Peterborough Building Society

1996-97 Norwich GK Shirt (Excellent) S

Speaking of Gk shirts.... I absolutely adored this one, had it, wore it every time I went for a kick about (as I played in goal) shame I can't find it anywhere in adult size because I'd buy it again in a heart beat

download.jpeg

16 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Speaking of Gk shirts.... I absolutely adored this one, had it, wore it every time I went for a kick about (as I played in goal) shame I can't find it anywhere in adult size because I'd buy it again in a heart beat

download.jpeg

Yeah decent one that. Pretty sure we had a training too similar but might be wrong