Sign in to follow this  
ca

NCISA Meeting On Monday

Hope the meeting goes well for you guys and that you get across all the really good points raised at St Andrews Hall.

Will one of you be taking notes so that questions and answers can be posted on here or your website, for us all to read ?

Go Kathy Go .[:)]

We are aware that there is a lot of interest in the outcome of this meeting, and with the help of Kathy, we will offer as much information as we can via our website, www.ncisa.co.uk

Many Thanks

Thanks NCISA, I''m sure that the press office will put their usual spin on things, so it''ll be nice to have two possibly different accounts of things. Keep up the good work.

Please could someone mention the low standards Nigel seems to be accepting.  In his post match interviews at Plymouth and Hull after disappointing draws, Nigel said he was happy with the performance and result.  I wish he would be of the mindset that that was not good enough and we have to improve.  Against Stoke he talked of grinding a result out.  He should be of the mindset that we are happy with the result but are going to need to play a hell of a lot better than that to acheive promotion. 

We have Darren Huckerby!!!!  We had Dean Ashton!!!  what the hell is that clown doing....

My personal view and not necessarily that of NCISA is that this meeting is a PR exercise on behalf of the board and I am not expecting much to come out of it, just the usual rhetoric. However I shall go into it with an open mind. I have had several emails from fans saying ''please can you say this'' and ''please can you ask that'' and as we are a suuporters representative organisation I will go in armed with all these. What I would like you to do on here, is send me more points and questions. I wont use names but will offer to respond to you on their behalf.  Keep it brief and to the point, nothing abusive and I promise I will read out every one. Not sure I''ll get answers but I will try.

thanks kathy, can you ask why there is a lack of youth policy at norwich with the manager preferring to pay high wages to poor loanees who are here just for the pay cheque, where the younger players would give their all for a couple of games in the first team.

How about;

I think that the board made a critical mistake when Delia and Michael, in their specially prepared and scripted speech, said "If we are not winning we are not happy."

That I believe to be a massive misunderstanding of the Canary public, and underlines why people feel so disassociated with current goings on.

At this club we have a proud history of passing football that has won us many fans the world over, the decline of this steadily over the last few season has been something that has always been observed cautiously by the fans. We are not a team with a history of winning many things, and so the winning has always been nice, but not the major pre-requisite. I would happily watch a cracking game of good passing football and walk home with a smile on my face having lost. In fact I would go home with a bigger smile under these circumstances then I would having won playing poor football.

Maybe it''s rather indicative of our Norfolk-ness that we love to see home grown players rise through the ranks to become excellent pro''s - it gives people a feeling that the club is vibrant and moving forwards, that it has a rich future.

Maybe it''s our ''fairness'' in Norfolk that makes us want to see people given a real chance to prove themselves. In order to do this players need to be picked and wherever possible played in their favourite and best positions.

Maybe it''s the farmer in some of us that makes us ''rather frugal'' with our monies - we insist on value for money. We also insist that money is not wasted on players that cannot get into the first team of a side in the same division as us, e.g Etuhu

Maybe, as fine citizens in a fine city we expect our team to play a flowing formation with certain players within that formation, such as a right winger and a creative attacking midfielder.

Maybe, in the world of football, English people have come to recognise that football is more of an art than it has ever been. We want to see flicks and creativity - it makes the club feel alive, and it gets the fans behind the team (for as long as the manager doesnt hoof his water bottle.)

Maybe I''m just wasting my time

Kathy,

I have read several of your posts and newspaper comments recently and have full confidence that you will ask the questions that we all want answered, so your best will be good enough for us. [:D]

However, as a side issue, would  you to talk to Mr Blower and tell him he needs to come off the fence and have a more positive opinion on matters

He went up in my estimation at St Andrews Hall with the way he conducted the meeting and I mellowed towards him but having read his interview in the EDP today, he''s gone back down again.

His comments, if they have been reported accurately, were

Delia & Michael has put supporters fully in the picture

I don''t think it has as it didn''t tackle the No1 issue which is, how can the board be happy with the teams performances and lack of passion

Michael & Delia deserve praise for coming forward and making their views known

They would have got more praise if they had come forward much earlier when our beloved club started to spiral downwards

Then and most importantly, Mr Blower is quoted as saying

Whether the statement will pacify supporters remains to be seen

Surely after the meeting at St Andrews Hall and after consulting your own members, you know the answer to that one and could have been more positive.

I often get the impression with Roy, correct me if I''m wrong, that he enjoys  being mates with the board, which I personally feel, puts him in a difficult position when he''s speaking on behalf of his 500 ish members and others who were at the meeting.

What I would like is one Supporters Club, which we can all join , who are served by a committee of die hard fans of all ages to represent its members. This committee then needs a chairman who''s passionate about the club( which I know Roy is), can relate to fans of all ages and can put forward our views in a forthright and assertive manner without having their judgement clouded, when in the presence of the Delia''s and like.

Think how powerful this club would in negotiation, if several thousands of us joined.

Sorry to rant, but I honestly feel that the NCISA will never grow to a strong force with Roy in charge and thats why I havent joined.

Thats not personal, its just my opinion for what its worth.

I agree its about performances - I maintain our best performance was at home to Reading - they were second at the time and looked second best - we have not reached those heights since.

Ive copied this from www. ncfc-fans.co.uk , looks like Roy has changed his mind about the protests since the meeting at St Andrews Hall when he seemed to be in favour!

Meanwhile Roy Blower, chairman of the supporters'' group which organised a public meeting on “current situation at Carrow Road” last week, felt the statement had put supporters fully in the picture.

“Michael and Delia deserve praise for coming forward and making their views known,” said the Norwich Independent Supporters'' Association spokesman. “They are passionate about the club and I think that came out in their statement. But whether it will pacify supporters who no longer want Nigel to be manager remains to be seen.

“It is clear from what they said that Nigel''s position is not up for negotiation at this stage. Football is a results-driven business and in the end results could end up being a catalyst for change. But at the moment they are clearly behind their man and I don''t think that is going to change between now and the end of the season.”

Blower is hoping the statement will prompt protestors to step back and ponder how best to get their views across.

“I have always felt the pen is mightier than the sword,” he said. “There is a lot of frustration amongst supporters at present and they have got every right to have their say - but I would suggest that writing to the club is a better way of doing that than staging demonstrations outside the ground.

Think we''ve all tried that Roy! 

Perhaps Kathy could update us on the feelings of the NCISA with regards to the protests.

I would like to know why we buy one of the smallest strikers in the division and then play hoofball and also how long do we have to endure Worthingtons favouritism it cost us our Premiership place last season. We were told Helveg is not fit enough to play for Norwich yet he was fit enough to captain his national side. Holt was preferred to Saffri, Bentley was dropped for a training ground incident etc etc etc.