The Bunny

Malware popups from the site

I'm seeing this fake subscription malware popup in Firefox after browsing the site for a few minutes. I have notifications and extensions disabled. Doesn't seem to happen in Chrome though. 

Anyone else seeing this? I assume this from one of the many crappy ad providers who they seem to allow on the site. 

Seriously considering cancelling my subscription at this point. I don't expect to see ads if I subscribe to a site, especially not malware nonsense like this. 

image.thumb.png.5969fa360817afab041b09db803c31e0.png

I can't remember how/when I got it but I assumed it was  fake and ignored it, not least since I stopped using McAfee some years back.

I get so many of these things daily, often about deliveries I am not expecting, but the McAfee one is regular.

I use Chrome for most browsing nowadays, and always when using streams.

It seems to be 100% secure. A chromebook need not be expensive (especially the so called re-furbished ones from EBay ... which are usually brand new and probably from the back of a lorry.) 

A chromebook dedicated for dubious streaming is a good investment, imo.

• Like 1

Yep chromebook is my personal choice to browse t'internet....Got mine from Argos....(the Company not the Cuban)....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Bunny said:

I'm seeing this fake subscription malware popup in Firefox after browsing the site for a few minutes. I have notifications and extensions disabled. Doesn't seem to happen in Chrome though. 

Anyone else seeing this? I assume this from one of the many crappy ad providers who they seem to allow on the site. 

Seriously considering cancelling my subscription at this point. I don't expect to see ads if I subscribe to a site, especially not malware nonsense like this. 

image.thumb.png.5969fa360817afab041b09db803c31e0.png

Go into your browser and disable notifications. Often, a website will ask you to enable notifications and it's actually one of these things. Disabling notifications in your browser can often sort it.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox

Anyway, it's probably not the pinkun site that's doing it.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

On 21/06/2023 at 09:44, littleyellowbirdie said:

Go into your browser and disable notifications. Often, a website will ask you to enable notifications and it's actually one of these things. Disabling notifications in your browser can often sort it.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox

Anyway, it's probably not the pinkun site that's doing it.

Yeah, I mentioned I checked notifications were disabled in my original post.

I doubt the site itself is serving this crap, more like one of the many dodgy ad providers who clog up every page. 

As an aside, I'm a software engineer by trade and occasionally I write web servers. I have a bit of experience in this area 🙂.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 09:26, hogesar said:

Is this browsing the forum, the main PinkUn website or both?

Pinkun Website. This article was triggering it constantly yesterday although it seems to have stopped now. Maybe someone on the web team actually did something about it