Sign in to follow this  
Wings of a Sparrow

The View. Punch up on stage.

It cuts as the final punch lands. Years of pent up anger in that fight.😬

4 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I think The View are now an ex band.

They have already broken up once 

Formed in 2005, The View is best known for its hit Same Jeans, which charted at number three in 2007, and their platinum-selling debut album Hats Off to the Buskers which topped the album charts.

The band split in 2017 and has since played a variety of comeback gigs.

The View’s Kyle Falconer commented, “Touring has always been what we’ve done best, we just needed some time to
refuel. Can’t wait to get back to it!”

When The View reconvened after five years apart, the three old-friends realised just how much they have missed... well,
everything about being in a band: the rush of seeing an audience react to their performances, the camaraderie of being
together, a simple jam idea evolving into a fully-fledged song. After all that, how could you resist wanting more?

Didn’t know this had happened. We know Pete the guitarist, he came to our wedding. Looks like he wasn’t involved in the fight. Their press announcement today doesn’t seem to indicate that they’re splitting up.

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

They’re playing the waterfront on 10th November, I might see if I can get a ticket 

At ringside? 😉

Haha, this is brilliant. I actually met that dude in December 2009, very tenuously. He was going out with the sister of one of my missus' friends. We went to the sister's parents house with our newborn to show her off (as you do with your first child, not so much later ones) and he was staying their with his girlfriend. He was jetting off to Australia in the early hours of the next morning to tour. He had absolutely awful teeth and a Scottish accent so broad that I could barely understand what he was saying.

Looks like he can throw a punch though, glad I didn't say anything to **** him off.

Seen more footage which shows Pete trying to calm things down. He’s used to dealing with big egos, he has been in Echo and the Bunnymen’s touring band for the last few years-Ian McCulloch travels in his own tour bus and the rest of the band and the road crew share another one.

As a Fall fan, this gives me a nice warm feeling watching a band trying to keep the spirit alive 🤗

The correct thing now is for the band to walk out on the singer, and for the singer to recruit a new band 24 hours before the next gig 

Then for the band to play one track, whilst singer (and wife) play another with hardly anyone noticing 🤣