Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

The 92

Thanks @The Raptor

I really enjoyed it, I think that is one for my bucket list once I retire, see if I can get a world record for the fastest to watch a game at all 92 league grounds. 

A bit like visiting all underground stations, but in comfort and watching football! 

It would have to be done over Xmas or Easter... Or a year when they are close, so you can squeeze all the games in... 

Planning may start now! 

Interesting piece, thanks for sharing. Seems a bit weird to just visit the grounds, not actually go a game, but there we are.

• Like 1

I note he didn't include a picture of the Carra' - Binner! 🙂 

One obvious thing from his photos is that although the Hillsborough tragedy was the reason for so much change in football stadia since his trip, that view of the back of the Hillsborough Kop hasn't changed at all! That ground, and I don't mean to be disrespectful here, really should have had more work done on it, the Kop and the Leppings Lane stands anywhere else would have been demolished and re-built. It's really a travesty that they are so unchanged. 

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Interesting piece, thanks for sharing. Seems a bit weird to just visit the grounds, not actually go a game, but there we are.

I don’t count just going to a ground - I’ve ‘been’ to various grounds that I’d not count in my list.

23 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t count just going to a ground - I’ve ‘been’ to various grounds that I’d not count in my list.

What if you go there when the club shop is open and buy a badge? 

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

What if you go there when the club shop is open and buy a badge? 

Oddly enough, I happened to be in Newcastle and went to St James’s Park while having a mosey around the city, had a wander round their shop but didn’t  make a purchase.  I don’t count it as one of the grounds I’ve been to as I’ve not seen a game.  But conversely I’ve seen Brighton at 4 home grounds.

Edit: I also went to Villa Park once with the intention of going to a game (Man City, well before they were ‘good’, I think it was when Uwe Rossler was there and they may have been relegated) but it was an unexpected sell-out so I just wandered around - I don’t count that either! 

Edited by Branston Pickle
Sp
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

If you haven’t seen a game at a ground it doesn’t count, thats the rule

I watched the 2008 Champions League final in Fenway Park, but didn't watch a baseball game. Can I get half a point?