Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Did the Coventry owner ever try to buy Norwich ?

I think buying Norwich is like buying a Mogwai, you don't go to the owner of the shop, you wait for the child to follow you out.

He's got 85% of Coventry, I doubt he even thought it was possible to get near that stake here is probably the answer maybe?  Or, he approached the shopkeeper and was told it wasn't for sale (See above).

Did you see him talking on the subject btw? :

I understand he made his fortune from his company based in the Midlands, was already regularly entertained by Cov for many years. I assume he was never based close to Norwich once he made his fortune and thus was not invited to have tea with Smith & Jones. But I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I understand he made his fortune from his company based in the Midlands, was already regularly entertained by Cov for many years. I assume he was never based close to Norwich once he made his fortune and thus was not invited to have tea with Smith & Jones. But I could be wrong. 

He has lived in Warwickshire for a good number of years now, his father still lives in Lowestoft, sadly he lost his mother last year, maybe be incorrect but don't believe he has been to a Norwich game since a teenager, other than our recent visit to Coventry just after he took control.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I think buying Norwich is like buying a Mogwai, you don't go to the owner of the shop, you wait for the child to follow you out.

He's got 85% of Coventry, I doubt he even thought it was possible to get near that stake here is probably the answer maybe?  Or, he approached the shopkeeper and was told it wasn't for sale (See above).

Doug King owns 100% of Coventry City.  He bought the remaining 15% from SISU Capital (previous owners) on 27th Jan 2023.

• Thanks 1

Hundred per cent ownership now. All sorted in a matter of months. It’s can happen quickly after all! 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

28 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hundred per cent ownership now. All sorted in a matter of months. It’s can happen quickly after all! 

I'll leave the financial experts to explain to you exactly why it's very different to our situation with MA. And no, the answer doesn't involve "Delia" and "Trainset"

• Haha 2

Those awkward laughs when he's reminded that he's a Norwich fan

23 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I think buying Norwich is like buying a Mogwai

Do you think that is where we've gone wrong ? 

We've either got the club wet at some point, exposed it to the direct sunlight of the Premiership or Delia just couldn't resist feeding it after midnight ...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'll leave the financial experts to explain to you exactly why it's very different to our situation with MA. And no, the answer doesn't involve "Delia" and "Trainset"

Involve Micheal & Railway ?

• Haha 1