Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

I take it the joy...

I'm sure plenty will be happy as a pig in mud we got smashed 5-1 with them both out, will give them plenty more to whinge about for another week!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

About Hanley and Kenny's injuries was short lived...

Would have been 7-1 had they played.....unfortunately this squad has a losing mentality and the core isn't strong enough. On a downward spiral.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

And Gibson … he was lost for words on the commentary team.

sadly even though the grant/gibbo  have been at fault they really would’ve been better than last nights offering of defensive stability.

we were so lightweight in midfield, Kenny Mc has been brilliant since Wagner came in and those saying otherwise just have the blinkers on.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You’re doing this all wrong bud

youve got to say “Is it a bad time to say I was Right?” And really ham it up.

go on, try it on! It feels great!

Don't recall seeing much joy expressed. More indifference. An irrelevance. As anyone can see with or without these players the team isn't good enough. The manager isn't good enough. The sporting director isn't good enough. And the owners aren't good enough.

Club needs a cold, hard, reset.

All the best. Big K.Scott.

32 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

And Gibson … he was lost for words on the commentary team.

sadly even though the grant/gibbo  have been at fault they really would’ve been better than last nights offering of defensive stability.

we were so lightweight in midfield, Kenny Mc has been brilliant since Wagner came in and those saying otherwise just have the blinkers on.

That’s precisely why we need the youngsters playing football instead of the old guard as we won’t get beyond the inadequate quality of Hanley, Gibson and McLean…. It’s a team that needs transition but it should be intentional, not out of desperation.    Transition should have started at the beginning of the season, not now.   

4 hours ago, CardiffCanary said:

we should’ve been two up before 6 minutes… just shows how low our confidence is to finish chances 

Should've had a pen too, Boro/Ref playing on when we had player down, Sara hitting the post.  All those go in our favour and hypothetically you're looking at a 4-4.

I'd love to know how that game would've panned out if we took one of those chances in the opening 5-6 mins though.  We were so dominant in the opening minutes, and the crowd seemed ready to get onto the Boro players back.... But we'll never know.

I think the score line was more a reflection on how much we fell apart, rather than a large gulf between both teams. 

The only real issue was Gibsons injury as the team had no other CB to replace him. Instead of playing Byram or Warner - he puts Sorensen at CB and ruined the midfield.

All we hear is that Skipp was not replaced and that we have no DM. We do!. When Sorensen plays in hai position , results have been generally good. He is not as good as Skipp. He just needs a run of games which he NEVER gets. Gibbs can then go further forward where he did well at Blackburn. Small changes make all the difference at Champ level. Instead Sorensen gets dumped at LB or CB whenever there is an injury crisis and is then unfairly judged when results are poor. 

Hanley and MCLean are not big losses. Hanley is too cumbersome and McLean does not offer  goals, assists or wonderful through balls from an attacking sense (check his stats since arrival) and does not offer the defensive platform either. I am therefore mystified as to why he is so missed?.

I don’t care who he plays at CB next match but f###ing play Sorensen at DM and we might get some results before the end of the season.