7 minutes ago, repman said:

Maybe I'm misremembering so I'd have to see the goal again but that's how I saw it.

My advice is, don’t…it is not worth the smashed furniture/crockery that will ensue. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ricardo said:

The annoying thing is that you could see it coming long before they scored. We seem unable get a proper grip on games and there is always a sloppy period where we pay the penalty.

That sloppy period has pretty much lasted the entire 180 minutes of the last 2 games

Gibsons has fragile confidence, and imo can’t handle the pressure at this level.

Hanley is a solid defender who try’s to be a ball player due to the managers he’s played under (mainly Farke). This isn’t his game and he’s ended up caught between styles. 

Both together are not comfortable. Our defence is mismatched, awkward, and ultimately not a cohesive unit. Which is the first thing it needs to be before anything else.

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Tony Mowbray told us where we were going wrong. Perhaps DW didn't read it.

To be fair to DW he's not had time to change the defensive play profoundly

With no preseason and the same players he can try and improvethe shape, but ingrained habits will come out once we're put under a bit of pressure and we'll revert to type

DW does have a good record of tightening up defenses wherever he's gone so I think with a preseason he can improve us

The most unforgivable thing for me was that Smith was given the World Cup break. Wagner was available and with a month in Florida he could have actually made a difference this season

The fact is we never replaced Alex Tettey or Skipp, with no disciplined Defensive midfielder/sweeper in front of the defense they are continuously getting caught out. Tettey/skipp combination with Wes/Buendia were the key to the more recent successful periods of our club - we haven’t replaced either and just buy wingers or player strikers on the wings - webber is the one to hold to account 

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You do wonder if nobody want's Hanley and that's why he's still here.. Seriously though it's feels like our defence has been awful for a good five seasons now. Nothing ever changes.

You should be careful. People on here think Hanley is a class apart. Been saying for ever that he's such a poor defender and an even worse captain.

• Like 1

I was cold and wet watching the game and my only thought was the sooner the take over happens and Delia and co including Webber get the push the better 

10 hours ago, repman said:

It's far more on Kenny/Hanley ball watching and being complete unaware of the fact that should the ball be turned over then Waghorn is stood right in front of goal. Why both of them felt the need to be out there in the first place I don't know. 

Because they're not very good.

10 hours ago, HB1989 said:

Fail to see why Hanley is getting blamed for the goal. It was Sara who gave the ball away far too cheaply in a dangerous position.

Wish people would stop using our BEST centre half as a scapegoat, getting ridiculous now. We all know Hanley is not the best with the ball at his feet, but what he lacks in distribution he more than makes up in bravery, know how, positioning, getting in his head on everything and leadership. 

Know how,positioning and leadership? Give me strength!!!!!🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair, clearly none of the defence are ‘that’ bad players, but as a group we and they now seem to know that they have a calamity that is only just around the corner and it’s becoming a self fulfilling thing.  We’ve conceded so many goals this season that would make defenders on my local Rec blush.

The sad thing is that Huddersfield were so poor that we should have beaten them without even breaking sweat, but we ended up coming closer to losing than winning.

Otherwise, quite how Stroud was allowed to ref us so soon after his awful showing vs Burnley is beyond me.  

I said it in the match thread, I agree they're not bad players, but there are far too many that have been here too long now, they've gone stale. Pukki sadly age has caught up with him at this level.