Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Dowell out until April

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

After Nunez' performance on Tue. he has to play at no. 10. He is the nearest I've seen to Maddison/Buendia in terms of influence & quality as a goalscoring playmaker - but he needs to be in that central position.

I'd keep Teemu on the bench, perhaps use as a late sub. Low on strikers now so we can't take any risks; I'm beginning to wonder if Tzolis might turn out to be a striker though? That was a really accomplished finish against Brum.

I wouldn't rush Pukki back either but it'll come down to how Wagner views it. It's not like Dowell has hugged the touchline either when playing out there. I much prefer us with one up front as all our strikers want the ball less than a player like Nunez, who will pop up all over the place to get it. But if Wagner wants 2 strikers again like he has done every game bar the one where he didn't have a choice, then Nunez on the right is the most similar player to Dowell imo.

7 minutes ago, repman said:

I wouldn't rush Pukki back either but it'll come down to how Wagner views it. It's not like Dowell has hugged the touchline either when playing out there. I much prefer us with one up front as all our strikers want the ball less than a player like Nunez, who will pop up all over the place to get it. But if Wagner wants 2 strikers again like he has done every game bar the one where he didn't have a choice, then Nunez on the right is the most similar player to Dowell imo.

I think Wagner said today that Pukki has trained with the team and he plans for him to be 'involved' but I doubt he will be starting

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think Wagner said today that Pukki has trained with the team and he plans for him to be 'involved' but I doubt he will be starting

Does he speak to you directly? 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think Dowell is a big blow because Wagner had somehow turned Dowell into that creative outlet who also tracked back, made tackles and had some tactical discipline off the ball. 

There's also the possibility that Wagner improved us to the point where it made Dowell look good, of course.  Someone coming in could indeed do a better job.   Just sayin', like.

Edited by Google Bot

Tzolis plays on the left, whereas Marquinhos plays on the right. I'm not a huge lover of square pegs in round holes, so I'd be frustrated to see Tzolis get a chance out of position, and then no doubt be judged on it if it doesn't go to plan. 

Shame about Dowell, though. He was dreadful in the first half of the season and I couldn't see a future for him here, but he's been a totally different player under Wagner.

Kamara was not in the U21 squad today, so I assume as not reported as injured he will at least be on the bench tomorrow.

I’m not overly bothered to be honest, I don’t think he’s been that great to be honest without his goals he’d certainly be on the bench. Isn’t he out of contract this summer?

We have plenty of cover there so hopefully Rowe, Tzolis & the lad from Arsenal should get game time.

I clearly know naff-all about football because I thought Dowell's performances have tapered off again - particularly v Birmingham where I thought he and Dimi were relatively poor.