On 30/12/2022 at 15:31, canarybubbles said:

Can I ask a dumb question? How does David Wagner pronounce his name? I've never heard it actually spoken. I assume it's the same as the German composer rather than the American actor, but I want to make sure. Thanks.

I've wondered the same. I've heard both on BBC national news

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've wondered the same. I've heard both on BBC national news

Wagner had an American step father from birth, it is possible that he grew up in a bi-lingual household and depending on his surroundings he uses either way, I had a German colleague who did this, I once travelled with him to conference in Cologne and he used both depending on who we were talking to. He said he did it to save time.

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Wagner had an American step father from birth, it is possible that he grew up in a bi-lingual household and depending on his surroundings he uses either

His English is not that good, so I would think he had mainly German upbringing. It'll almost certainly be pronounced "Vargner". The Americans always get it wrong.........

Edited by lake district canary

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

His English is not that good, so I would think he had mainly German upbringing. It'll almost certainly be pronounced "Vargner". The Americans always get it wrong.........

I heard Wagner speak on the club's promo video. He speaks better English than Smith. But so does my dog. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/12/2022 at 18:22, TIL 1010 said:

Unless he is on Big Keith Scott's list of approved candidates it surely is a non starter ?

Does he want him out yet ?

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The yanks will call him Dee Dubya....