Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Fair play to the lads

Indeed it’s great to see footballers all over the country give back to young and older fans this time of year, especially in these really tough Financial Times for families. Credit to them all.

Will say its someone sadly ironic that we have had people on here on the last few days screaming in anger for cantwell to be released on a free or sold beacause he was not at the Swansea match.. 

Meanwhile cantwell at the same time is busy visiting hospitals and helping sick children 🙃

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Credit to the lads. Things like this make me proud to be a canary. Really hit me just how easy it is to forget the kind of struggles some people face and how unfair life can be.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will say its someone sadly ironic that we have had people on here on the last few days screaming in anger for cantwell to be released on a free or sold beacause he was not at the Swansea match.. 

Meanwhile cantwell at the same time is busy visiting hospitals and helping sick children 🙃

That’s like saying ‘it’s ok for me not to go to work because I help out at the dog rescue centre every Friday’. Get a grip!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Yes well done but I believe its something the club does every year and for some time.

Yeah, it's pretty much a given. It's good that they do it but it's not like they can say no.

I suppose it's because of the cameras but this sort of stuff never feels particularly genuine. It's why i respect players like Zimmerman that really went above and beyond with his charity work. 

• Like 1