8 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I tend to support the team and not individual players. So whilst there will be England players I don't like, there will be City players I don't like either, but I support both teams. Likewise there will be certain teams I cannot like no matter who plays for them such as Argentina and Ipswich.

Argentina have some very talented players, and I believe, have a very good chance of winning this tournament. The other team you mention are a nondescript outfit from a small town in Suffolk!

Absolutely club.

I'm completely disillusioned with the Southgate era.

I also think this 'footballs coming home' nonsense that's been going on since 1996 is now embarrassing. 

Please just stop. Why can't we accept we aren't that great. We seem to think we are entitied to win tournaments. 

No wonder other countries have a dislike towards our football team. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Like 1

Club. Always contrive to be thoroughly amused at how wound-up people can get just because, by happenstance, they fell out of a vagina on the same speck of land as (most) of the players in the same shirt.  

• Like 1

Just bumping this as, for the first time ever, this is a genuinely live debate, with Norwich playing a league game on the same day as an England World Cup game.

Much to my surprise, I'm finding myself caring much more about the England game than Norwich's. Perhaps it's because it's a knockout, and ours is just one league game out of 46. Perhaps it's because there's a sense that England might be on the verge of something special and Norwich...don't seem to be. But I certainly can't say that I'm excited about the return of the Championship and would have been very happy for it to be delayed until after the World Cup final.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 05:55, Capt. Pants said:

Glad to see Josh Sargent is so proud and pleased to play for his country, and so he should be.

💯 % 👍

Club. Will I watch England play? Yes, probably, but I think I want to see the French get knocked out more than I want England to win.  But whatever, I hope its a great match and not another borefest of cagey passing around at the back for 90% of the time.