25 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

And there I was thinking it was a stat invented by a bloke at Opta on which the betting companies could make even more money from sad losers.

I mean you're right, to a degree. Originally it was actually used by betting syndicates before the betting companies took it seriously.

And @SwearyCanary is right too. It made money because it was able to contextualise performances to a degree which meant syndicates could find value in odds where bookies had priced based purely on previous results.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Mate I'm more concerned I might need to go to the police; there's some really old man that's obsessed with me beyond all rationality. The only thing reassuring me of my safety is I know I can outrun the old codger 😅

Yep so obsessed i rushed back to my car as i knew you were going to be on canary call rabbiting on about xg. Get over yourself FFS !

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Read the OP. 

I saw it as a poster making an observation about some posters on here which since 5pm last night has been bang on the money. You see it as somebody who was thrilled to see us lose.

Differing views on it on an ineternet forum, whoever would have thought it ?

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

And there I was thinking it was a stat invented by a bloke at Opta on which the betting companies could make even more money from sad losers.

How very dare you, I'll have you know I'm £41.50 up this weekend 😏

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yep so obsessed i rushed back to my car as i knew you were going to be on canary call rabbiting on about xg. Get over yourself FFS !

Hoggy rang Canary Call to talk about Xg?  Seriously? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I saw it as a poster making an observation about some posters on here which since 5pm last night has been bang on the money. You see it as somebody who was thrilled to see us lose.

Differing views on it on an ineternet forum, whoever would have thought it ?

Are you on the crack pipe again? Some old troll came on to gloat,at fellow posters, after a crappy loss.

2 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Him and lapin had a lovely love in

Lappin refuses to criticise anything associated with the club. He isn’t really the best summariser in terms of balance. Not saying I want him to launch into the players and management, but he doesn’t offer any kind of objectivity 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hoggy rang Canary Call to talk about Xg?  Seriously? 

No, that wasn't the point of it.

Not surprised that an ex professional footballer agreed with me, mind. 🙃

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, that wasn't the point of it.

Not surprised that an ex professional footballer agreed with me, mind. 🙃

I’ve had a listen, good points made Hoggy. Are you a regular caller? 

22 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I feel the xg haters just don’t listen to the repeated point that it is a tool to help contextualise performances 

I find the league table contextualises performances quite well.

XG is bo11ocks and will quickly disappear as people are already cottoning on.

3 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

We will see. But then possession, yellow cards, shots on or off target are bigger and less useful bo**ocks and they’ve stuck around for decades. Tell you what, when it stops bring mentioned you let me know and I’ll concede you were right

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Great news!! This weeks Xg results are in and we’ve smashed it again

Still missing the point I see. You keep hammering your lack of actual understanding though. It’s stoic if nothing else 

16 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

I’m quite sure that Xg statistics are playing a vital part in their Football Manager 2041 save where they are currently leading Norwich to their 7th consecutive Champions league win…

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve had a listen, good points made Hoggy. Are you a regular caller? 

No, don't think I've ever bothered before.

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I’m quite sure that Xg statistics are playing a vital part in their Football Manager 2041 save where they are currently leading Norwich to their 7th consecutive Champions league win…

So they’re definitely still using xG in 19 years time I see 

On 09/10/2022 at 20:02, SwearyCanary said:

We will see. But then possession, yellow cards, shots on or off target are bigger and less useful bo**ocks and they’ve stuck around for decades. Tell you what, when it stops bring mentioned you let me know and I’ll concede you were right

It’s already being mentioned significantly less than just 2 months ago.  Added to which, pundits / hosts who were spouting XG at any given opportunity in August, are now acknowledging “not all fans are convinced.”  Why? Because it’s absolute nonsense. 

Edited by Kingston Yellow

46 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

It’s already being mentioned significantly less than just 2 months ago.  Added to which, pundits / hosts who were spouting XG at any given opportunity in August, are now acknowledging “not all fans are convinced.”  Why? Because it’s absolute nonsense. 

But when they stop talking about it you can let me know. As they still are I guess I’m right untiL proven otherwise