Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

I hope Smith changes it up for tonight, Shef U, Watford and

Burnley.

I really feel that it would be a significant risk to play with Sargent wide in these more difficult away games. I'd prefer to see Gibbs come back in and us move to a 4-2-3-1. I think these teams have the pace and the direct runners to cause us problems if our midfield remains as open and porous as it has been in recent games. 

That said, we have the quality to beat any of them if we are on our game. I do think though that Watford will be a real handful if Bilic gets them going. They have a lot of pace and power in that side. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Burnley.

I really feel that it would be a significant risk to play with Sargent wide in these more difficult away games. I'd prefer to see Gibbs come back in and us move to a 4-2-3-1. I think these teams have the pace and the direct runners to cause us problems if our midfield remains as open and porous as it has been in recent games. 

That said, we have the quality to beat any of them if we are on our game. I do think though that Watford will be a real handful if Bilic gets them going. They have a lot of pace and power in that side. 

Based on what Smith said after the Blackpool game Gibbs will start tonight.

I’d like to see Gibbs with Kenny and Nunez playing a slightly more advanced role. With maybe Ramsey and Onel in the wide roles? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I hope he does but who misses out? Todd again? Surely Onel will be on the bench.

Hernandez on the bench and Ramsey out wide I would guess.

It will be interesting to see if and how much squad rotation there is in these coming 7 games, as the 3 homes games are equally important.

Posters have talked about playing the top teams such as Burnley or Watford, understandably.

Reading are the best form side we gave faced thus far.

Let's put out our strongest 11. I hope that Gibbs starts.