TeemuVanBasten

Anybody else quite like to see Ipswich in the Champs?

No. Eventually they’ll get lucky and beat us, the longer we go without playing them the further ingrained our dominance becomes. There’s a whole generation of Ipswich fans that have never tasted victory against us and I’d much prefer it stayed that way.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2022 at 19:22, TeemuVanBasten said:

Many of my top Norwich City memories are Derby days, mainly because we've stuffed them so frequently.

And the league table doesn't seem to quite do the trick of making it register just how superior we are. 

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing them come up to be stuffed by the likes of Luton and Millwall, and in our bi-annual Championship seasons our Derby games can be cult status sealers for our far superior footballers.

Who wouldn't want to see a Josh Sargent score a brace, and Nunez to "score the other one", their keepers humiliated, and a 97th minute Grant Hanley winner?

Another year in League One isn't going to leave them any more humiliated than they already are, deep down, as much as they'd deny it. 

Let them have a few years in the lower reaches of the Championship, the poor souls. 

🎵 TVB is a blue

is a blue

is a blue

TVB is a blue

He, Loves, IPSWICH 🎵 

No chance!

They might do it this year but it’s not going to be the walk in the park some of them think. In a way it’ll be much more fun seeing them up there all season just to fail at the last. 😋

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

🎵 TVB is a blue

is a blue

is a blue

TVB is a blue

He, Loves, IPSWICH 🎵 

Your song is.... Like a viiiiiirgin...

They said on Soccer Saturday that today Ipswich were chasing five consecutive victories for the first time in 19 years.

NINETEEN.

Cheers, Barnsley! And also thanks to Liverpool for going easy on Bournemouth and not taking Ipswich's record defeat off them.

I'm quite happy watching them flounder around in League One, but I'd also be happy enough if they got promoted only to go straight back down again...

They look the same as previous years to me. Can beat the bad teams but struggle against the better ones. They've had a remarkably kind start fixture-wise but it gets tough soon... by October the locals will be starting to doubt McKenna, mark my words.

If they  do get promoted then fine, merit deserved i guess as much as any other club gaining promotion. But as to the actual question, how could any City fan "quite like" to see them in the Champs?..no is the only answer, they would have the same answer to im sure if roles had been reversed these past couple of decades.