Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

RIP Roger Harris.

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/obituaries/tributes-to-ncfc-photographer-roger-harris-9210538

The man responsible for so many iconic photos over the years none more so than those from the Milk Cup 1985 final. Lovely man who i have spoken to many times with his camera around his neck at games during my time as Plod.

An absolutely love man…spent many, many hours lining up youngsters for player photos with Roger up at Colney. 

Quite possibly the nicest man I ever met in football. 

Parma 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Didn’t we also have a centre half called Roger Harris in the early 80s?

You may be thinking of Roger Brown.

The tributes in that article are quite something. Seems like the sort of man who made a deep and positive impression on everyone he met. Not a bad epitaph. RIP

Very sad news my heartfelt condolences go out to to Roger's family. My Dad knew Roger well, despite my Dad having dementia he remembered Roger and it was sad breaking the news to him. Somewhere at my parents is a photo of me taken by Roger whilst I was playing football as a "yoof", I am hitting a shot from just outside the penalty box, I used to tell everybody that the ball nestled in the bottom corner despite actually putting my shot wide................