Sign in to follow this  
Channon’s Windmill

CB pairing next week should be fun.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Move for BIlly Gilmour again on loan?

I mean you joke but looking how threadbare CM is I’d probably play him if he was in the squad right now. He looked Championship level.

I suspect Smith thinks Tomlinson is worth a crack if he was willing to let Zimmermann go. He was happy to throw Gibbs on late on as a blooding exercise, and Lungi will still be needed in defensive midfield. That said, how close to full fitness will Sara be? He should be worth a few minutes soon....

Edited by TheGunnShow

Seems simple really. If they don't play Tomkinson, they don't see him as ready to be 4th choice. If that's the case, why haven't they signed another CB before Zimmerman left? 

If he's in the squad this season, he has to play in my opinion. Otherwise may as well go out on loan.

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Makes you wonder how this is compatible with having a 'bloated squad' doesnt it?

I think we have too many strikers and wingers / attacking midfielders, unbelievably we are both bloated and barren.  I think I might write to Delia and Michael, suggesting it might be worth the club employing a recruitment team and director of football, who assess (using metrics) the players in the squad, and those around the world who might be available to move.  Then assess the cost of each option and negotiate with other clubs and players to ensure the balance is right.   Then critically the DoF should take the risk around these issues and their judgement to ensure the balance is right, and that there is a competitive squad available for the first team coach.

2 hours ago, markdmhoward said:

Seems simple really. If they don't play Tomkinson, they don't see him as ready to be 4th choice. If that's the case, why haven't they signed another CB before Zimmerman left? 

If he's in the squad this season, he has to play in my opinion. Otherwise may as well go out on loan.

Totally agree. If he can't be trusted, if we don't think he is ready, he shouldn't be here end of.

Plus it would be suicide to have all available midfielders on the pitch to start the game. Sara will have to be on the bench whether he's ready or not along with Gibbs.