Van wink

Oh Nadine

I think her Gaffs probably deserve a thread all of their own.

“Nadine Dorries, the UK Government's Secretary of State for Sport, has made an embarrassing gaffe by getting the two codes of rugby mixed up.

The Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire was speaking at an event in St Helens to promote the Rugby League World Cup, which is being staged in England in October.

She proceeded to tell the following anecdote: “I’ve always quite liked the idea of rugby league. My long-standing memory is that 2003 drop-goal. Let me reveal a secret, I think we were drinking Bloody Marys at the time. It was 11 o'clock in the morning, but, wow, what a moment that was.”

Perhaps drinking Bloody Marys early in the morning explains her prolific production of daily gaffes. But then again it could be because she is as thick as ****.

• Haha 1

When I saw the title of the thread I once again thought about the latest BJ story today. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

I think her Gaffs probably deserve a thread all of their own.

“Nadine Dorries, the UK Government's Secretary of State for Sport, has made an embarrassing gaffe by getting the two codes of rugby mixed up.

The Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire was speaking at an event in St Helens to promote the Rugby League World Cup, which is being staged in England in October.

She proceeded to tell the following anecdote: “I’ve always quite liked the idea of rugby league. My long-standing memory is that 2003 drop-goal. Let me reveal a secret, I think we were drinking Bloody Marys at the time. It was 11 o'clock in the morning, but, wow, what a moment that was.”

What makes it worse, is she’s making the English ideology of living on past glories that other devolved nations scold us for even more prominent.

Worth opening for the funny responses in the thread😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Worth opening for the funny responses in the thread😄

How the ref didn't see Maradona's handball..... 😀

• Haha 1

Nads was in tears as she vividly recalled seeing Botham's Ashes distributed all around the Headingley pitch, "Too young!" she wept, "Too, too young!"