Sign in to follow this  
CaptCanary

Cameron King - Youth Cup Winner

1 hour ago, CaptCanary said:

Nice to see that Cameron King will be playing locally again

I don't get it, he's been playing at King's Lynn for the past 2 years, is that not local?

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't get it, he's been playing at King's Lynn for the past 2 years, is that not local?

It certainly is local, but in the article it says that he didn't play at all last season for them, due to a health scare - which is why I think it's good to see him playing again.

Good for him.

Talking of our youth cup winners, I see Toffolo is being linked with a switch to the Premier League with Forest. To think Neil let him go and preferred to play Whittaker out of position at left back...

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Good for him.

Talking of our youth cup winners, I see Toffolo is being linked with a switch to the Premier League with Forest. To think Neil let him go and preferred to play Whittaker out of position at left back...

Not as bad as Farke letting him go for free whilst playing James Husband at left back, which is the grim reality.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not as bad as Farke letting him go for free whilst playing James Husband at left back, which is the grim reality.

It's mad to think how shocking the team Farke originally inherited actually was - to steer that sinking ship to a midtable finish (thanks largely to Maddison of course) was some achievement! 

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

Good for him.

TBF, how old was Toffolo at the time? 

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

TBF, how old was Toffolo at the time? 

Old enough- 21 I think? And actually a left back. 

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I hadn't actually realised he overlapped with Farke- I thought he'd left the summer Farke joined but you're right he was there for 6 months with Farke. 

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

I hadn't actually realised he overlapped with Farke- I thought he'd left the summer Farke joined but you're right he was there for 6 months with Farke. 

Always thought that Toffolo looked a good prospect, and performed well in the few appearances he made. I expect Neil/Farke took a look at our options and thought Aarons and Lewis were better prospects. 

25 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Always thought that Toffolo looked a good prospect, and performed well in the few appearances he made. I expect Neil/Farke took a look at our options and thought Aarons and Lewis were better prospects. 

Farke probably, Neil not so much. Had the perfect opportunity to blood Toffolo when we sold Brady and Olsson, instead preferred Whittaker out of position and an expensive loanee in Dijks.

This is one of the areas that has improved hugely under Webber- I have no doubt that if he'd been in charge a couple of seasons earlier we'd have seen more of that youth cup team involved in the first team as he's put proper pathways in place. 

• Like 1

Thought Dijks was decent, personally - certainly gave us plenty of physicality, but did have the odd rush of blood or two in him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Love a bit of management by hindsight.

13 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Thought Dijks was decent, personally - certainly gave us plenty of physicality, but did have the odd rush of blood or two in him.

Yeah he was fine. Just a waste to spend money on loaning him for 6 months and block the pathway of a talented young player from the academy especially as we clearly weren't going up by then.