Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Ins, Outs, Shake em all abouts - squad movement summer 2022

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Would anyone take a punt on Fabian Delph or Gylfi Sigurdsson for the season ahead, having been released by Everton, both in their 30's though.

Always used to like Gylfi, but not sure he's the player he used to be?

I'd imagine Sigurdsson will end up at a Fulham/Bournemouth maybe even brentford either way still in the prem.... 

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Would anyone take a punt on Fabian Delph or Gylfi Sigurdsson for the season ahead, having been released by Everton, both in their 30's though.

No to either.

Sigurdsson is reportedly under investigation for child sex offences... I would possibly have been more open to Delph if we hadn't signed Hayden already. I don't see us signing multiples of player types unless we are shipping out in that position.

Rumour is a No.8 is next on the list, a box to box type.

31 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Think you need to google him mate, you've missed a lot of news.

50 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Is he still not playing alongside Mendy for Strangeways United? 

Mendy is facing charges, the other guy isn't yet, as far as I know 

However, a friend who I spoke to a couple of weeks ago, who knows these sort of investigations better than me, suggested that as it has been going on so long it does not look good for the other guy

Obviously, no club will go near him until he is not a person of interest 

On 06/06/2022 at 23:18, paddycanary said:

"This is the sort of imaginative, left-field thinking the club ought to be encouraging. It could be similarly argued that Idah or even Hugill might do a job in that position. After all, one of our greatest ever defensive players started as a striker (for the younger supporters, I’m talking about the one and only Ginger Pele himself, Gary Doherty). Then we’ve got Bryam who is a quality player on his day but seems to be searching for the right position to play.  I’m sure with an open mind, we could come up with several more candidates within the squad for CDM. Thoughts?"

I assume the esteemed Fuzzar is throwing a little hand grenade in there for entertainment value. But I have to say Gary Doherty also flashed into my mind too in such a scenario. And I think I physically shuddered. 

If Aarons is off, I could see Josh Sargent playing well as an attacking right-sided option as well as being a useful forward and a great option off the bench, particularly if 3 CBs is going to be used more often. If we could sort out the ongoing deep midfielder position(s), some interesting options (currently on the books) as wing-backs could be Dimi, Rashica, Sargent and possibly Mumba, McCallum, Hernandez, Dowell, Tzolis, one or two of the youngsters.

If 3 at the back is explored more often, possible options already on the books are Hanley, Omobamidele, Gibson*, Zimmermann, Byram, Sorensen (who all have some history of being injured/unavailable at important times - perhaps that's virtually all players?) and possibly Tomkinson, McCallum...

* Have SAS lost faith in Gibson? Perhaps an experienced & reliable CB on a competitive wage for this level is close to the top of the shopping list?

Well, Tuanzebe's looking like a release from Man United.

Been a bit quiet. I said to the FIL today I wondered if we'll see more movement at the end of next week  beginning of week after. 

New kit tends to be around Norfolk show sort of time. Or not long after. We then seem to see some contract announcements too.

Plus it's usually around the time the window traditionally opens and contracts run to.

That's my working theory anyway.

Updated with the sale of Famewo to Shef Weds and Placheta's loan to Birmingham. I've also another bracket for Martin's situation.

That makes 6 permanent player sales and one loan with another looking to go.

That's not including those who's contracts were not renewed and were allowed to leave for free.

There is likely to be more going too. Despite loaning out Placheta and Martin not having a part to play, we still have a large squad with a lot of numbers in certain areas.

Edited by chicken

On 10/06/2022 at 19:46, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'd imagine Sigurdsson will end up at a Fulham/Bournemouth maybe even brentford either way still in the prem.... 

I didn't know they had prisons that way.

Updated table on the position of the squad vis-a-vis EFL restrictions following the two confirmed departures. Two out mean we now potentially have two named squad places.  Note however this doesn't allow for budgetary considerations!

image.thumb.png.47721d02e3dc6a0085aa4bfa1157875e.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Updated table on the position of the squad vis-a-vis EFL restrictions following the two confirmed departures. Two out mean we now potentially have two named squad places.  Note however this doesn't allow for budgetary considerations!

image.thumb.png.47721d02e3dc6a0085aa4bfa1157875e.png

Plus Martin won't be part of it so you can pretty much remove him.