cambridgeshire canary

Royal family favourability ratings are in

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nope. George III gave it up and EIIR is party to that agreement. You really believe that if the Government got rid of the Monarchy, they would give them back the Crown Estates? You really believe that I would give up the land my house sits on to the Duke of Cornwall?

No he didn't give up the land. He gave up the rights to the proceeds of the land as part of an agreement that is renewed with the coming of each monarch. The land is owned by a corporation sole whose title belongs to the role of monarch; it is definitely not government property. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No he didn't give up the land. He gave up the rights to the proceeds of the land as part of an agreement that is renewed with the coming of each monarch. The arrangement of the civil list with the new monarch is the monarch renewing the rights to the proceeds. Get your history straight instead of regurgitating more leftie revisionism. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

GeorgeIII gave up Corporation Sole and the sole right of the monarch to the proceeds.

And it wasn't that long ago the nation was hating the Queen because of Diana's death. Now she is the person who has given her life to the nation.

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No he didn't give up the land. He gave up the rights to the proceeds of the land as part of an agreement that is renewed with the coming of each monarch. The arrangement of the civil list with the new monarch is the monarch renewing the rights to the proceeds. Get your history straight instead of regurgitating more leftie revisionism. 

Answer my question. Do you realky believe the Government would return the land to the Crown if the people abolished the monarchy? 

Cavaliers are dead. So get back to you NRA meeting.

Herman trying to sleep tonight, fist clenched, tears in his eyes

”the Paddington sequence wasn’t whimsical!…”

”why can’t life be a mix of university cringe-communism and Radio 4” 😢 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

GeorgeIII gave up Corporation Sole and the sole right of the monarch to the proceeds.

And it wasn't that long ago the nation was hating the Queen because of Diana's death. Now she is the person who has given her life to the nation.

Answer my question. Do you realky believe the Government would return the land to the Crown if the people abolished the monarchy? 

Cavaliers are dead. So get back to you NRA meeting.

No he didn't give up 'Corporation sole'; he gave up rights to the proceeds of the estate (not ownership) in exchange for clearing his debts and a salary from the proceeds. the monarch is the corporation sole and the Crown Estate is the property of the monarch. 

Upon the death of a monarch, the title of monarch transfers immediately to the rightful heir along with the ownership of the Crown Estate, at which point there has to be a new act of partliament to establish how the proceeds of the crown estate should be allocated, which has to go through the process of royal assent. It's constitutionally impossible to abolish the monarchy without royal assent, so terms will have to be negotiated with the monarch that satisfy the monarch if it's to happen. 

The British state has done very well out of this agreement, with revenue far exceeding the cost of running the monarchy.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Last week the Royal family were something that Britain should be very proud of. This week Prince Charles should shut up and keep his nose out of politics. Welcome to gammon world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Last week the Royal family were something that Britain should be very proud of. This week Prince Charles should shut up and keep his nose out of politics. Welcome to gammon world.

Obviously the length of a week applies to the Royals as much as politicians.

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Obviously the length of a week applies to the Royals as much as politicians.

Indeed, and even though I accept last week has enriched the reputation of the Royal Family, I wholeheartedly agree with Herman, Charles should zip it.

On 11/06/2022 at 09:23, Herman said:

Yes - I thought Charles gave a very good example of why an hereditary monarchy in the 21st century was not a good idea. He didn't have the nous to know that his private views on any political or divisive matter as King to be should remain private at all times.

A worldly apolitical 'President' or head of state would know not to make such comments in any setting (and wouldn't be of such a high public profile for anybody to notice either).