Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Champions League Final On Youtube.

Awful channel which is nothing but a glorified Man United and Liverpool fanzine.

Their commentary towards them even in league matches is a cringe fest. When United played Young Boys, their bias commentary was cringe as hell and when they lost, the meltdown was fantastic. Only Paul Scholes had any sense, while Rio lived in a land of make believe.

I’m watching it in a pub with the better half, making it hard to hear.

I rather like BT Sport coverage, but loathe Sky in its various forms…it’s as though the lower sides are just there as guests and it’s only and all an about the big sides.

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Kick off delayed 15 minutes 

Liverpool fans trying to get in without tickets. At least any ramifications won't affect our European aspirations this time.

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Kick off delayed 15 minutes 

Problems at the Liverpool entrances and reports of tear gas being fired. Words fail me but of course it will be the fault of the authorities and the scousers will be playing the victim card.

Kick off now delayed 30 minutes.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

As in the title if you don't subscribe to BT Sport.

Can you share a link... I have checked uefatv and all the others...no luck so far...

12 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Can you share a link... I have checked uefatv and all the others...no luck so far...

Here you go, Dan.

35 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Here you go, Dan.

Thanks. Location blocked as I'm overseas... Time to get that VPN sorted

Bit late now, but it was free to Virgin TV subscribers even if they didn't have BT Sports - I think that they show the final every year.

Real really rode their luck to get to the final, taking advantage of the double-legged format and always having the second leg at home which enabled them to have the fan power behind them to get those late goals time and time again. Man City on the other hand simply shat their pants. If the competition used a league format when 4 teams were left (like with the 1950 World Cup in which there was no official final), Man City would have won it. Knockout football enables not always the best team to win or do well. One season told us Roma were better than Juve, just because they got the easier QF draw and Juve had Real, while according to the 2001 FA Cup Semi-final line up, Wycombe were the 4th best team in the competition. It’s all there to save time and avoid the competition from overflowing into the following season, not to establish who is actually the best team.

Notice how Chelsea knocked them out last season; they had the second leg away from home. The 2020 formatting from the QF was fantastic; lose once and you’re out and all the games were played on neutral ground. It also ensured Man City were knocked out by Lyon causing a huge uproar on why they got rid of the double-legged format. City would have got through with 180 mins to play instead of 90.

Real have lost 4 games in the competition this season, I wonder if that’s a record for most losses in a winning campaign?. The first of those was against Sheriff Tiraspol, I think Real’s second leg comeback luck won’t last forever.

Still, glad the Scousers lost.

Edited by KernowCanary