Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Only one more game until…

I listened to the On the Ball podcast and they said Webber had definitely confirmed he would speak between confirmed relegation/end of the season so must be soon.

Has he actually completed the Everest climb yet?

Edited by Satriales

35 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

…. Climbing Stu Webber speaks to the local media… Maybe 🤔 

I have a feeling he will keep quiet a little while longer. If he is seeking alternative employment then any statement might be delayed until all leagues are finished and it's known who will be relegated or promoted and want a new Dof. That's assuming of course he isn't sacked Sunday tea-time! 

38 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I listened to the On the Ball podcast and they said Webber had definitely confirmed he would speak between confirmed relation/end of the season so must be soon.

Has he actually completed the Everest climb yet?

90% complete from what I heard... Shame that last 10% is pretty tough by all accounts! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

90% complete from what I heard... Shame that last 10% is pretty tough by all accounts! 

Not that I've ever climbed Everest, but I've met a blind man who did.

Anyway, from what I do know of mountain climbing, the decent is the most difficult part. 80% of the accidents happen on the decent.

For anyone who is interested, there is a phenomenal climbing documentary called, 'Touching the Void.'

I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in either climbing, or human perseverance under astronomically difficult conditions.

And good luck to Webber. I'm sure he'll need it. It doesn't matter how prepared you are; if the mountain says no-go, then no one can argue.

Slightly off topic but your mention of a blind person climbing Everest. How do they know where their guide dogs **** is to pick it up?

1 hour ago, CirclePoint said:

Not that I've ever climbed Everest, but I've met a blind man who did.

Anyway, from what I do know of mountain climbing, the decent is the most difficult part. 80% of the accidents happen on the decent.

For anyone who is interested, there is a phenomenal climbing documentary called, 'Touching the Void.'

I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in either climbing, or human perseverance under astronomically difficult conditions.

And good luck to Webber. I'm sure he'll need it. It doesn't matter how prepared you are; if the mountain says no-go, then no one can argue.

I watched that in the cinema about 20 years ago and spent most of the time either cowering backwards or  lurching forward to grab the seat in front!

Webber did well as soon as he got to base camp

he sold his climbing boots he bought at Arminghall car boot sale for 50 quid more than he paid for them ,

he then spent that 50 quid on 5 pairs of trainers that nobody wanted  that are no good for Everest but might be ok next year 

Edited by norfolkngood

49 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Webber did well as soon as he got to base camp

he sold his climbing boots he bought at Arminghall car boot sale for 50 quid more than he paid for them ,

he then spent that 50 quid on 5 pairs of trainers that nobody wanted  that are no good for Everest but might be ok next year 

Perhaps he will just scale Gas Hill now we aren't at the top