Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

Let’s be ‘avin us

Controversial though it may be, I feel there’s incentive to make the last two home games as atmospherically positive as possible. Yes I get it, many players haven’t deserved to be cheered, but we also could go with convincing the fence sitters that could attract attention away that when we get behind the team we REALLY get behind them. Make them not want to leave US behind and give them a showing of what awaits them should they actually turn up and play for us next season. 

It’s probably complete long shot, but reminding the core players we need next year what it was like in 18-19 at Carrow Road just might give them something to consider (Hanley, Pukki and Krul). 

Needs some orchestrating so if this post isn’t laughed at then maybe it could stimulate some loud fans in a few key areas to get a plan in place and start the singing throughout the game. Let’s shut the away fans up, without any fear that the result might actually mean something. For now we are a Championship side looking for a premier league scalp to take some pride in. 

Who’s with me? (He says to tumbleweed)

Edited by SwearyCanary
Fat fingers
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Agreed. A “Relebration”. Party atmosphere, inflatables (not those ones), perhaps some trestle tables with a finger buffet, free beers on the club or something..

👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

Controversial though it may be, I feel there’s incentive to make the last two home games as atmospherically positive as possible. Yes I get it, many players haven’t deserved to be cheered, but we also could go with convincing the fence sitters that could attract attention away that when we get behind the team we REALLY get behind them. Make them not want to leave US behind and give them a showing of what awaits them should they actually turn up and play for us next season. 

It’s probably complete long shot, but reminding the core players we need next year what it was like in 18-19 at Carrow Road just might give them something to consider (Hanley, Pukki and Krul). 

Needs some orchestrating so if this post isn’t laughed at then maybe it could stimulate some loud fans in a few key areas to get a plan in place and start the singing throughout the game. Let’s shut the away fans up, without any fear that the result might actually mean something. For now we are a Championship side looking for a premier league scalp to take some pride in. 

Who’s with me? (He says to tumbleweed)

What about the away matches left? I do hope we bring a large following to Leicester. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What about the away matches left? I do hope we bring a large following to Leicester. 

I don’t get to away games much, but has always been generally pretty robust and less noticeably disaffected than home crowds 

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I don’t get to away games much, but has always been generally pretty robust and less noticeably disaffected than home crowds 

Well, if we have 4 figures in the away end it will be a decent showing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well, if we have 4 fingers in the away end it will be a decent showing. 

I so read that wrong...

• Haha 2

I'll turn up to games as normal.

But as we've nothing to play for, I'll probably spend my time looking at tractor websites on my phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought there was a supporters group who had the aim of creating a better atmosphere at CR and spent thousands on flags but they seem to have disappeared for the last few months ? 😜

Tin hat  on....

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought there was a supporters group who had the aim of creating a better atmosphere at CR and spent thousands on flags but they seem to have disappeared for the last few months ? 😜

Tin hat  on....

Well, there is a protest being organised so we should see some flag/banner action. 

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Well, there is a protest being organised so we should see some flag/banner action. 

Don't you mean duvet cover action Dunc ?

• Haha 1