Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Byram at centreback

So how did we think this experiment went? Despite the loss he seemed to do surprisingly well, even the commenters were praising him throughout the match.

Fair to say Byram has been very much a small bright spot in a dark and depressing season, hell the fact he's playing at all given his almost career ending injury is pretty fantastic and all.

• Like 1

He did ok 

It seems Smith has lost faith in Gibson though 

If he did move Byram to centre back next season and assuming we lose Max we'll only have Giannoulis,  Mccallum and Mumba as FB options!!

I'd rather keep Byram in his natural position 

Not sure if I just lost interest as the match went on, but I didn't really notice him, but then I suppose that means he didn't do anything wrong then, unlike Gibson who has a clanger in him most games. 

He did ok I suppose.

Smith should be blooding a youngster though, not a makeshift CH.

Suggests GIbbo will be free to leave, he's one of our higher wage earners?

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He did ok I suppose.

Smith should be blooding a youngster though, not a makeshift CH.

Suggests GIbbo will be free to leave, he's one of our higher wage earners?

"Smith has lost faith in Gibson though" Can you blame him? I mean, don't get me wrong I think Gibson is a decent bloke and an ok player from time to time but sadly has proven himself to not be top flight quality and has showed why Burnley froze him out, clearly they saw something in him that we did not much as it hurts as I did rate Gibson highly in the Championship. Still think he has and can still do a decent job in the championship it's just that I don't think he has justified his wages given some claim he's on some of the highest wages in our team. Says a lot when a crooked German who's highest honours were playing in the german 3rd tier before joning us and a rightback who was out from injury for an entire season are chosen to start ahead of him..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

We have to remember we should have Omabamadeli back next season, I have no idea what injury he got but it seems to of been a really bad one to be out this long (the whole season) . A CB pairing of Hanley and Oma (Gibbo, Byram + another youngster as cover) with Byram on the right with Mumba as back up and Giannoulis on left with Sorensen as cover. I think Max and Zimm will leave in the summer, if I were Sorensen I would be asking for a transfer as he has bene overlooked constantly.

9 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

We have to remember we should have Omabamadeli back next season, I have no idea what injury he got but it seems to of been a really bad one to be out this long (the whole season) . A CB pairing of Hanley and Oma (Gibbo, Byram + another youngster as cover) with Byram on the right with Mumba as back up and Giannoulis on left with Sorensen as cover. I think Max and Zimm will leave in the summer, if I were Sorensen I would be asking for a transfer as he has bene overlooked constantly.

Personally much as we do have some decent players here and there any of our players who have been relgated from the top flight twice need to go.  Cant have that hanging over their heads. Major squad rebuild needed.

I like Sam and thought he did just fine. Looking forward to having Omobomadiele back next season though

• Like 2

Omo has had a back issue.  Given his youth, let's hope it is "growing pains" from trying to increase his physicality rather than something chronic, as Omo looks like being a really good player.  If returns to full fitness, build around him next season as he is the future.

• Thanks 2

Byram on the right side of a back 3 is something I'd previously stated I'd like to see. Based on yesterday's performance it's absolutely something he can do.Good player to have back in the squad that's for sure. Hopefully he sees out the season and can really build his fitness over the summer.

• Like 1

Bit sad really that we have to have a right back playing there, shows the state we are in.