Sign in to follow this  
TheGunnShow

Funny incident on Football Manager

Considering he's one of our more typical punchbags / scapegoats, I did chuckle when this landed up in the social media page when playing with Jena on Football Manager....
image.thumb.png.312cc7a7724b6495c5064d78b2eefe6d.png

• Haha 2

"The team is more important than the individual" Lol, even though it's a game, that really did make me laugh.

Makes it sound like he's Ronaldo or something - you edited the stats or something?.   🙂

Never mind that, was Enoch Foley me in disguise? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY????

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Getting the urge for a proper FM sesh now, cheers @TheGunnShow 😄 😢 

I’m still playing FM20-I’ve started and abandoned many games but I’ve been persevering with the ‘Create A Club’ option for a while now, starting in the National League North. I’ve just won promotion to the Championship in my 6th season.

I’ve just looked at the total number of hours I’ve played FM20 for-3,614 hours, or 150 days 😳😳😳

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

I’m still playing FM20-I’ve started and abandoned many games but I’ve been persevering with the ‘Create A Club’ option for a while now, starting in the National League North. I’ve just won promotion to the Championship in my 6th season.

I’ve just looked at the total number of hours I’ve played FM20 for-3,614 hours, or 150 days 😳😳😳

I've always believed in the ignoring the hours played stat 😅

I beat PSG 4-2 AET to win the Champions League with NCFC in Championship Manager 97/98. Danced outside on the road in only my boxer shorts. Never played it again.

Think the best one I ever did was getting Strommen, a bunch of Norwegian no-hopers in their First Division, to win the UEFA Cup in 203..... something. Beat Besiktas in the final.

Ended up with a Faroe Islands international centre-half playing that game as well. I kinda did my own version of pushing youngsters along.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Surely you just leave the game running when you're not there? Otherwise that's 30+ hours a week, on average, for over two years!

My record for one FM was 1899 hours on FM14, and that included a 35-season save as well as a couple of smaller ones. 

Is there anyone else who gets irritated when you have a league where some have the proper badges and the rest are made up?

11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Surely you just leave the game running when you're not there? Otherwise that's 30+ hours a week, on average, for over two years!

My record for one FM was 1899 hours on FM14, and that included a 35-season save as well as a couple of smaller ones. 

I often save the game and return to the Home screen, I didn't think that kept the clock ticking but I guess it must do cos there's no way I've been playing more than a day each week for 2 years!

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Is there anyone else who gets irritated when you have a league where some have the proper badges and the rest are made up?

Well you can download the real badges for all clubs. I don't personally though, because it doesn't bother me.

31 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I often save the game and return to the Home screen, I didn't think that kept the clock ticking but I guess it must do cos there's no way I've been playing more than a day each week for 2 years!

I'm guessing so. I absolutely hammered the **** out of FM14 (since the very first one, FM05, the only editions I didn't buy were FM15 and FM16) and I'd be surprised if anyone was able to get double the playing hours I spent on that edition in less time!

Apart from that Polish fella who just broke the world record for longest ever FM game, anyway.

I think the biggest irony of my current save, given my objections to the lad on a regular basis on here, but my current star player in 2027 is wee young Krankie 😁

7 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Download a logos pack. 

• Like 1

FM's attempts at social media can be quite amusing. I like the one about the 3 year old saying someone wasnt right for the team's defensive system.

Im sure they'll make great strides with subsequent versions.

I lost access to my FM22 last night 😢 Id downloaded an offline only version on someone elses account from steam-keys or something for about £5. Steams done an update thing and I've lost my access.

That said, it's somewhat of a relief to not have to be Birmingham City's manager anymore. I started a save to try and replicate a career, moving up the pyramid, rather than what I usually do which is build a club up.

Revealing how many clubs I dont like and had to hold my nose and take the job if I wanted to move up.

And yes, I know Im 40 years old