Sign in to follow this  
Citytilidie

Staff cuts

If I remember rightly, salaries there are pretty low/average with decent bonuses for promotion. We're in a cost of living squeeze, it's an employee's market right now and if you're faced with earning less in real terms than the previous year then it makes sense to look elsewhere. Ben Kensall was also a pretty approachable and likeable guy and his departure may have upset the apple cart.

Just now, Thumbbass said:

If I remember rightly, salaries there are pretty low/average with decent bonuses for promotion. We're in a cost of living squeeze, it's an employee's market right now and if you're faced with earning less in real terms than the previous year then it makes sense to look elsewhere. Ben Kensall was also a pretty approachable and likeable guy and his departure may have upset the apple cart.

If the number of people leaving is as Til is suggesting it does point to a bigger cultural problem. Changing job is a big move for most people and they only usually do it for two main reasons (if not pushed by external circumstances), clear and obvious improvement in their employment or to leave a culture they are unhappy with. The former doesn’t usually happen en masse.

I suppose that’s what I’m getting at. Is it poor pay or people unhappy with the culture and perhaps a recent senior management re-jig bring the straw that broke the camels back? 

57 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Two people including the head of supporter services have left that department recently one as recent as last week, six people are employed in the media team and two are leaving and one of the managers in catering/hospitality is about to leave. Two of those are leaving to take up posts at the Scum of all places. I could name them but i somehow think it would result in the post being deleted don't you ?

Don't for one minute think that is all who have or are leaving but you appear to not believe what you have been reading about an unhappy ship.

I know one of the media team have moved onto Wolves, so it's not people getting let go it's people moving onto better jobs.

12 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Could be a complete change of culture - whether it is good or for ill, only time will tell.

Automaton computer says no culture.

On 15/03/2022 at 08:21, Capt. Pants said:

Well the botched BK8 deal was never going to hit players salaries or our transfer budget, so cutbacks have to be made somewhere.

Demand for merch will fall now as well. No one will buy the relegation kit or anything else associated with it.

Why not mention the cost of Daniel Farke and Co departure or the cost of a pointless rebranding exercise?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Two people including the head of supporter services have left that department recently one as recent as last week, six people are employed in the media team and two are leaving and one of the managers in catering/hospitality is about to leave. Two of those are leaving to take up posts at the Scum of all places. I could name them but i somehow think it would result in the post being deleted don't you ?

Don't for one minute think that is all who have or are leaving but you appear to not believe what you have been reading about an unhappy ship.

You are right @TIL 1010, I don't believe it. It all seems pretty much rumour and hearsay. You have come up with 5 who have left, and of course there may be more, and inferred from this that morale is low. That maybe true, but a churn of less than 2% would hardly seem to back that up.

Clearly no-one on here has heard of The Great Resignation (Google it). Businesses in the 1st world are seeing high number of staff leave for a number of different reasons.  In high tech companies, it’s a huge problem. Like Thumbbass says, wages at City don’t appear to be that good - the kudos of working for your football club, or just working in football,  appears to be some kind of compensation, but in today’s job market, that’s not enough. 

But of course, it’s all the Webbers’ fault.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Move Klose said:

I know one of the media team have moved onto Wolves, so it's not people getting let go it's people moving onto better jobs.

I didn't say they had been let go as we have people leaving the club deciding things are better elsewhere.

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

You are right @TIL 1010, I don't believe it. It all seems pretty much rumour and hearsay. You have come up with 5 who have left, and of course there may be more, and inferred from this that morale is low. That maybe true, but a churn of less than 2% would hardly seem to back that up.

There most certainly are more but identifying 5 amongst a full time non football staff of 185 is certainly not less than 2% as you stated..

Morale is low whether you care to believe it or not and we are talking about some key members of staff who have left. This all started with Ben Kensell leaving last May.