Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Jonathan Rowe

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You telling me a winger is able to get more assists than a midfielder? Huh, interesting.

So you obviously feel with that comment that one assist in 62 games from midfield is all you can expect!!! 

Rowe is a winger. McClean is a deep lying midfielder. This is a bit like criticising Rodri at Manchester City for not getting as many assists as Raheem Sterling.

Also: this thread isn’t really about Rowe (who’s been very promising), it’s just another KM bashing.

Edited by (Hoola)Han Solo

16 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Rowe is a winger. McClean is a deep lying midfielder. This is a bit like criticising Rodri at Manchester City for not getting as many assists as Raheem Sterling.

Also: this thread isn’t really about Rowe (who’s been very promising), it’s just another KM bashing.

Wow. The forum is rife today with bashing. Give another couple of games and young Rowe will get it. Farke is also back in favour so gives the chance for lakey to have another love in. Billy Harry Gilmour looks like it's all his fault for the position we are in. The squad is a struggling outfit and it always has been that's down to one maybe two people .

Who's next for the fickle fans. Jesus wept. If I was Dean Smith I'd just resign now. 

By the way HHS I agree with you. But the forum is on fire with negativity. 

Edited by Mengo

37 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Someone should tell KM he's a deep-lying midfielder.If you have ever watched him for 15 mins solid in a game,he's all over the show,and never where he should be. Which is why he's forever chasing shadows!!

I think young Rowe will definitely shine and go onto better things.....Unfortunately not with us......It may put a necessary few bob into the club coffers though....That's the model.....

57 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

McLean's no deep-lying midfielder. Box-to-box, more than anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You telling me a winger is able to get more assists than a midfielder? Huh, interesting.

I think it's more that this particular winger has matched this particular midfielder without starting a game.

I get the reflex to defend Kenny but a player in his position with one assist isn't great (even if I think the stat is largely pointless).

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think it's more that this particular winger has matched this particular midfielder without starting a game.

I get the reflex to defend Kenny but a player in his position with one assist isn't great (even if I think the stat is largely pointless).

No it isn’t great. He came from Scotland where I believe he was an attacking midfielder; his lack of goals in particular is quite confusing.