Crabbycanary3

Adam Idah out for the season

13 hours ago, canarycop said:

Real shame this is. The 2 up top was really looking good. Ever the optimist though and a chance for summer signings to really step up. Everyone is crying out for Tzolis to get a run. The kid has an eye for goal do maybe stick him up top with Teemu with Milot and Josh on the wings. Not for Liverpool though. 4-5-1 it has to be

yep Tzolis will have to have a chance as we're scraping attacking threat out of a limited squad now. Damn bad luck

17 hours ago, WD40 said:

On the part of Webber sure. Some of us on here could see it a mile off. 

Some of us on here don't have to deal with the flip side though. Its really easy to say it sat here when you don't have to 

1) Find a player whos good enough but also happy to be 3rd or 4th choice potentially 

2) Find a player who matches our wage budget

3) Find a player who wants to come in January to a relegation threatened team

4) Find a player happy to take a wage reduction on relegation.

Etc etc

• Like 1

It is a shame that Adam is injured. I don't buy into the idea that we could of avoided relegation had we bought in a third choice striker in January. Also, much as I like Idah, I don't believe that he would have kept us up either.

It needs to be team performances that achieve survival.

• Like 1

Exactly. Some people think signing players is like Championship Manager, or popping down to Tesco and taking them off the shelf. We don't have the money required to throw at players to get them to come so if there is nobody better than what we have who wants to be here within our budget then no signings happen. 

There will be solutions within our big squad, it's up to Smith and Shakey to find them. Rest assured they won't have thrown in the towel like some on here. 

• Like 3

It wouldn't have been remiss, expensive or unheard of for us to pick up an in form striker from the lower leagues. There are usually one or two about.

Until our recent 'purple patch' we were hardly troubling the back of the net at all, only Pukki was scoring, Idah had been written off by many and Sargent was being lampooned in some quarters. Goals were as rare as Lawrenson tipping a City win.

Such a signing might not have worked but it would, at least, have given the fans something to get enthused about, as new signings usually do.

Edited by BroadstairsR

On 18/02/2022 at 10:18, mrD66M said:

In an ideal world Tzolis would be ready to step in. But as it stands, I would like to see Milot alongside Teemu and Giannoulis on the wing, if we are playing to win rather than not lose.

That is an interesting thought. If we did want 2 up top I could see that working if Josh is seen as a player out on the flank. Hadn't thought of that. It may not happen but worth a look if tzolis is not coming in.

Gutted for Idah and for our limited striking options.