Pete Raven

2022/23 season ticket prices announced

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How about you study ONS data rather than your own anecdotal nonsense. 

More relevant is whether Norwich City employees got a pay rise to cover inflation and to ensure they are earning living wage.

Lots of people would be happy to pay £34 more if it ensures that they did mate.

Or do you want the stewards, catering staff, ticket office staff, to earn be underpaid and struggle day-to-day so you can save yourself the cost of a dominoes every year? 

If you can't afford the football right now then don't go, simple as that. It happens, sometimes people need to cut their cloth.

If you think this money is being sought to give pay increases to non footballing staff then I admire your faith! 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I have no issue with the general increase but the disparity between age group prices is daft.

Assuming someone coming off the waiting list pays the post May 23rd price, an over 65 who has never set foot in the ground pays 25% less than standard price. I've been a ST holder for about 20 years so not particularly pleased with that.

As I said I'm ok with the increase but NCFC Finance Dept do need to start looking at their models as bit closer. There's missed opportunity to close the differentials and come up with prices more equitable to all and which optimise profit. They've had 2 years to work on this.

Maybe the 'concession rate' should only apply as a loyalty reward to the old fogies with 25+ years of season ticket ownership? Would be quite simple I suspect?

26 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If you think this money is being sought to give pay increases to non footballing staff then I admire your faith! 

Yes, actually, as the minimum wage is going up about £780 a year for a full-timer in April. 

One employee on minimum wage gets their pay increase covered by by increase seen by 23 adult season ticket holders.

Then account for increases in energy, fuel, tax increases and other running costs associated with football clubs, and it won't be difficult to work out where it will go.

Floodlights aren't powered by the body heat of the crowd, believe it or not. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

What surprises me here is that the capacity issue has only been briefly mentioned and the basic economics of supply and demand.  While there's a waiting list and tens of thousands of people who will basically just pay whatever, the club have no incentive to drop/freeze the prices this season.  Previous freezes imo have recognised that we do have a high general ST price as this has been a discussion around ST renewal time for years.

In terms of comparison, it doesn't take much effort to look at individual clubs and compare their pricing tables with ours.  Our cheapest seats are for the stands behind the goals and the corners.  I've just looked at Leicester as it's one that's been mentioned previously with a similar size capacity to us.  Our cheapest ticket for last season is more expensive than probably 60% of Leicester's available seats and if you compare like for like in terms of areas of the ground, for the most part it looks like we're at best only comparable.  Lots of favourable pricing for children as well.  

image.thumb.png.b24ee516254c3a9ef4d089c5b600730b.png

image.png.0064342766c9e40216a2ecaa612c45b2.png

Looking at the other promoted sides, our cheapest seat is more expensive than the comparable areas in the ground and some of the side seating (which is still cheaper than our side seating) 

image.png.541dd65ad0cf138ad5bb18bd01603957.png

image.png.b2e53337b85afca75649004b1b9bcdff.png

Similar with Watford.  Behind goal seating much cheaper, side stands cheaper than our behind goal and they do something where if you live more than a 75 mile journey from Vicarage Road, your ticket is even cheaper.

I appreciate this is 16 teams short of a whole PL sample (and these are 2021-22 prices, but I've compared them to our 2021-22 prices) so I cannot completely debunk that our cheapest tickets are in the top echelons because Man City offer 100 seats really cheap, but that's an argument designed to distract from the truth.  Which is that for comparable teams to us, we are far more expensive for comparable seats.  And if we get relegated, its only going to be a more stark difference.

image.png

Edited by BarclayWazza
deletion of duplication
  • Like 1

So my season ticket has increased 7%, so to use that as a base mark (as it varies due to age / location etc as im sure you are aware) with 22K season ticket holders that increases the revenue by £770,000 for the club. Which to be honest in footballing terms is absolutely minimal . Even our players get paid astromical amounts compared to the average man on the street, who is having to face significant increases every where he goes, yet is asked by our community / family club to stump up more. 

Can the pensioner ST ticket holder use the welfare phone telephone call she got from Tim Krul to pay her gas bill? good luck with that. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

April 1st sees minimum / Living wage go up by 59p an hour  (6.6%) for over 22's and 82p (9.8%) for 21 and 22 year olds just to add some context.

Just now, Greavsy said:

So my season ticket has increased 7%, so to use that as a base mark (as it varies due to age / location etc as im sure you are aware) with 22K season ticket holders that increases the revenue by £770,000 for the club. Which to be honest in footballing terms is absolutely minimal . Even our players get paid astromical amounts compared to the average man on the street, who is having to face significant increases every where he goes, yet is asked by our community / family club to stump up more. 

Can the pensioner ST ticket holder use the welfare phone telephone call she got from Tim Krul to pay her gas bill? good luck with that. 

The average pensioner has more disposable income than the average working family Greavsy, so your little attempt to pull on the heartstrings doesn't work.

The club is a business and you have a choice as to whether you wish to remain a customer. 

You and Dan seem really aggrieved, which is fair enough, but there is a waiting list so move over! 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, actually, as the minimum wage is going up about £780 a year for a full-timer in April. 

One employer on minimum wage gets their pay increase covered by 23 season ticket holders.

would these be the same staff that the club furloughed previously ? 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The average pensioner has more disposable income than the average working family Greavsy, so your little attempt to pull on the heartstrings doesn't work.

The club is a business and you have a choice as to whether you wish to remain a customer. 

You and Dan seem really aggrieved, which is fair enough, but there is a waiting list so move over! 

Wasnt an attempt to pull the heart stings. I agree some, probably the majority of pensioners have more wealth than a working family (but applying your logic, the parents in that family had a choice to become a family, and if they cannot afford it then they just need to speak to their employer to shake his money tree to make up their shortfall). But not all pensioners are believe me.  Its not as simple a just grouping people into age brackets. 

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Wasnt an attempt to pull the heart stings. I agree some, probably the majority of pensioners have more wealth than a working family (but applying your logic, the parents in that family had a choice to become a family, and if they cannot afford it then they just need to speak to their employer to shake his money tree to make up their shortfall). But not all pensioners are believe me.  Its not as simple a just grouping people into age brackets. 

What's the alternative though, means tested season tickets?

Would you be prepared to pay £634 then so that somebody poorer than you can pay £434 for the same seat?

I can't lie I'm earning good wonga at the minute as I'm seconded into a higher band, so I could probably manage £734, so would we then let somebody pay just £343?

Sounds really rather complicated to me. And I think I'd want a faux-leather lined seat or something to distinguish me from the person I'm subsidising.

Look, no matter who we compare ourselves with in this league we know that all 19 clubs have wealthier owners and that we don't have anybody to bail us out of an overdraft.

That's the problem here, the fans want us to have the budget to sustain Premier League football, whilst reducing season ticket prices, entirely through good transfer business? 

Easy to see the flaw in that idea when you see how Cantwell can go from £30m player to on trial in the Championship overnight, once Aarons has gone we've run out family silver to flog.

I'd rather the club charged what they feel that they need than to get desperate in a few years and start begging for a transfer budget to be matched by a poultry farmer, or selling a chunk of Carrow Road to a hotel chain.

If a few fans have to bow out then that's a shame, but hopefully things will improve for them and they can go back on the waiting list in a year or two, perhaps when fuel and energy prices settle down, everybody has ups and downs in their life, most people experience periods of hardship, life is a rollercoaster etc. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Would you be prepared to pay £634 then so that somebody poorer than you can pay £434 for the same seat?

I can't lie I'm earning good wonga at the minute as I'm seconded into a higher band, so I could probably manage £734, so would we then let somebody pay just £343?

Isnt that what happens thought with childrens / OAP seats ? possibly in reverse for some circumstances? 

Seconded and a pay rise, Wow, just think what heights you could achieve if you spent less of the working day posting on here and more work. What an asset to your company you are...............Any vacancies? 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Smashed organic avocado on toasted sourdough with a drizzle of truffle oil, nothing fancy! 

One of the staff make that for you? 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Isnt that what happens thought with childrens / OAP seats ? possibly in reverse for some circumstances? 

Seconded and a pay rise, Wow, just think what heights you could achieve if you spent less of the working day posting on here and more work. What an asset to your company you are...............Any vacancies? 

Wait until you hear about my 46 days a year holiday entitlement + the 10 extra holiday days I purchased.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's the problem here, the fans want us to have the budget to sustain Premier League football, whilst reducing season ticket holders, entirely through good transfer business? 

Im sure the extra £770K (approx) from the increased prices will swell that transfer budget significantly .  

Wait until you hear about my 46 days a year holiday entitlement + the 10 extra holiday days I purchased.

Hope you purchased them before the pay rise - so got them at the lower rate? simple economics! 

Nearby cafe, always happy to pay a decent price so they can make living wage.

As long as you watch who you trample on, on the way up, as youll sure a hell meet them on the inevitable way down. 

loose change into the charity tin on the counter too - oh forgive me, that will be notes from you wouldnt it?! 

34 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

One employee on minimum wage gets their pay increase covered by by increase seen by 23 adult season ticket holders.

Then account for increases in energy, fuel, tax increases and other running costs associated with football clubs, and it won't be difficult to work out where it will go.

Floodlights aren't powered by the body heat of the crowd, believe it or not. 

Well we have around 160 non footballing employees so assuming they are all minimum wage (which they won’t be) that’s about £125k worth of extra cost.

But my point is that whether or not costs are going up a bit is not relevant when you are being given tens or possibly even more than £100m (no doubt tv monies will be increased again next season as well) in cash on top of the “income” your normal activities generate. I would completely accept rises in line with inflation are justified if we were not receiving these extra payments. There would of course be a judgment to be made about price points and where you start to shoot your self in the foot by charging too much. However, in our situation, this is s choice that the club is making, to pass the costs onto the fans. It’s not a necessity as they could easily swallow any increased employee or utilities costs out of their guaranteed income for now. Indeed if the Liverpool cup tie is on tv then that game alone will bring in s previously unbudgeted for sum more or less equivalent to the season ticket price increase.

They know fans will pay it and they are no doubt right, we will. But I do not accept that this increase is justified nor do I agree with it or think it’s the right thing to do. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

As long as you watch who you trample on, on the way up, as youll sure a hell meet them on the inevitable way down. 

loose change into the charity tin on the counter too - oh forgive me, that will be notes from you wouldnt it?! 

Imagine getting so bitter about a £1.48 per match increase in the price of going to a footy game that you start getting jealous about my lunch choice.

Was actually a tin of Baxter's chicken broth soup from my microwave with two slices of buttered hovis, but I'm sure you'll find a way of trying to make me feel guilty about using Lurpak because you know a poor person who lives round the corner form you or something and you can't find Lurpak in Lidl. 

What a turgid piece of stinking turd you are.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well we have around 160 non footballing employees so assuming they are all minimum wage (which they won’t be) that’s about £125k worth of extra cost.

But my point is that whether or not costs are going up a bit is not relevant when you are being given tens or possibly even more than £100m (no doubt tv monies will be increased again next season as well) in cash on top of the “income” your normal activities generate. I would completely accept rises in line with inflation are justified if we were not receiving these extra payments. There would of course be a judgment to be made about price points and where you start to shoot your self in the foot by charging too much. However, in our situation, this is s choice that the club is making, to pass the costs onto the fans. It’s not a necessity as they could easily swallow any increased employee or utilities costs out of their guaranteed income for now. Indeed if the Liverpool cup tie is on tv then that game alone will bring in s previously unbudgeted for sum more or less equivalent to the season ticket price increase.

They know fans will pay it and they are no doubt right, we will. But I do not accept that this increase is justified nor do I agree with it or think it’s the right thing to do. 

Do you realise how big our financial loss was in our last Championship season Jim?

You don't start with an empty squad, you go down with the players you signed on Premier League contracts that you signed to try and stay in the Premier League.

The idea that we'd have tens of millions of surplus money is a bizarre claim, which isn't supported by our annual accounts which are publicly available for anybody to peruse.

Transfer fees are usually owed in installments for a start! 

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Its called Norpak and its bloody delicious.

Thanks for the tip, not been in Lidl for years (do pop into Aldi now and again)

The point which is being overlooked is that we are close to selling out on a regular basis. We also have a capacity that is obviously way too low. And obviously it's a business. 

Had we not lost £35m to Covid we would have been able to build an extension to the City Stand to create vastly more seats than we currently have. That is the key to this problem. Several of you are comparing us with clubs who have a far greater capacity and that is a totally unreasonable comparison. 

Before anyone makes further comparisons, have a look at the total income from ticket sales not the price per ticket. 

Barely a day goes by on this forum without people complaining the club doesn't spend enough and the owners don't "invest" enough. Then they're asked to put their hands in their pockets and a different story emerges. Basically a lot of you are asking for a competitive Premier League club but you're not actually prepared to pay for it. 

Simple answer, if you don't want to pay you have other options. Dereham, Wroxham and Mulbarton offer great entertainment but sadly you do have to pay to get in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

There are 400 staff working in matchday hospitality/catering and that number does not include stewrds who are all on the NCFc staff books Jim.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Imagine getting so bitter about a £1.48 per match increase in the price of going to a footy game that you start getting jealous about my lunch choice.

Was actually a tin of Baxter's chicken broth soup from my microwave with two slices of buttered hovis, but I'm sure you'll find a way of making me feel guilty about using Lurpak because you know a poor person who lives round the corner form you or something and you can't find Lurpak in Lidl. 

Erm, not bitter at all and your brought up your lunch (not literally I hope!). 

Im not bitter at all, and I dont think you do guilt, just patronisation and judgment.  

Again, im sure your boss (may and stakeholders) as chuffed you wages are paying for you to post on a football forum when you should be working, as well as funding the increased charge for next season. 

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There are 400 staff working in matchday hospitality/catering and that number does not include stewrds who are all on the NCFc staff books Jim.

I find it amazing that ANY EPL football club has any employee on minimum / living wage.  

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Erm, not bitter at all and your brought up your lunch (not literally I hope!). 

Im not bitter at all, and I dont think you do guilt, just patronisation and judgment.  

Again, im sure your boss (may and stakeholders) as chuffed you wages are paying for you to post on a football forum when you should be working, as well as funding the increased charge for next season. 

My lunch post was a bit of bait dangling on a hook.

I thought I'd done a decent job of explaining how I'm not at work today, but obviously not.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes but they aren’t “full time” which was the cost being cited. Most will be doing about 100 hours a season! 

In any event as I’ve said before it’s a cost that could easily be covered by other revenues should the club choose to do do.