Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

POLL - Ranking our players in key positions (again)

RANKING OUR PLAYERS IN KEY POSITIONS   

88 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE THREE - Who are our best central / defensive midfielders?

• Rupp
    • McLean
    • Gilmour
    • Sorensen
    • Normann
    • Lees-Melou
  2. 2. CHOOSE THREE - Who are our best two wide / attacking midfield players and best striker? (wanted to ask separate Qs but couldn't)

• WIDE / AM - Rashica
    • WIDE / AM - Cantwell
    • WIDE / AM - Sargent
    • WIDE / AM - Dowell
    • WIDE / AM - Tzolis
    • WIDE / AM - Placheta
    • WIDE / AM - Idah
    • STRIKER - Pukki
    • STRIKER - Idah
    • STRIKER - Sargent
  3. 3. CHOOSE THREE - Who are our best two centre backs, and best left back?

• CENTRE BACK - Gibson
    • CENTRE BACK - Kabak
    • CENTRE BACK - Hanley
    • CENTRE BACK - Omobamidele
    • LEFT BACK - Giannoulis
    • LEFT BACK - Williams

POLL - Ranking our players in key positions - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums

Thought it might be interesting to re-do this again. Original thread is above, where do we think will be the most changes?

Expecting most improved to be Rashica, surely now our best wide player. Hanley at CB is a must. Idah as well will certainly must get a few more votes than he got previously, though totally as a result of just two games - can he keep it up?

I think Normann will stay as our outstanding CM, but can see there still being a broad mix of votes in the CM spots. I'd personally have Rupp and Sorensen as my other 2 alongside him - previously my picks were McLean and Gilmour.

I didn't even realise I never included Placheta, which shows where he was in my thinking, but I'd probably have him over Tzolis and Dowell at the moment.

Williams will probably edge Giannoulis by a margin now too, played really well the past couple of games (I still think I like Giannoulis more).

Least impressive players based on the previous voting have to be Kabak, Tzolis and Cantwell, wouldn't notice if any of them left right now..

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Won't let me choose three.

Yep just edited apologies. 

Now the only thing preventing you picking 2 other CMs after Normann is your brain. Good luck.

Interesting that people dont rate Williams.
He hasnt pushed up enough this year granted but he tackles like a concrete slab which is something we miss.

Also, people raving about Idah's goal (rightly!) But THAT interception, run, look and through ball from Williams was A*

Also (and i didnt vote for him!) Wee Billy is on paper and judged on international performances our best midfielder. 
He just has failed to show up for us and if rumours are true, hes upset Toddy.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

He hasnt pushed up enough this year granted but he tackles like a concrete slab which is something we miss.

Also, people raving about Idah's goal (rightly!) But THAT interception, run, look and through ball from Williams was A*

Also (and i didnt vote for him!) Wee Billy is on paper and judged on international performances our best midfielder. 

I totally get why Williams would be preferred, he is so tenacious in the tackle and has a very likeable mentality on the pitch. 

Would love to see more of those kind of runs forward that we saw for the goal, he did a couple at Brentford and Spurs earlier in the season but generally has been quiet coming forwards, he's got a tonne of pace but doesn't utilise it as often as he could. 

Also agreed on GIlmour, just like Kabak is our best CB on paper too...

Personally I went for Rupp, Sörensen and Normann in midfield, but Lees-Melou definitely has the potential to get past Rupp. Gilmour already would, but he's not what we need. Chose Rashica, Sargent and Pukki in the middle section, and Hanley, Omobamidele and Giannoulis. 

Problem with Williams and Giannoulis is they're almost polar opposites. Williams is tenacious in the tackle, but not always dangerous going forwards. However he produced a fine interception and an excellent drive forward, with an accurate pass to set up Idah yesterday. If our more physical front line keeps the ball up, I think you'll really start seeing the best of Giannoulis.

Same with Idah - if we want the best out of him, put Pukki and Sargent up there. 

I, and I assume others, voted for Cantwell on the basis that we know what he's capable of, rather than the shadow of his former self that we're seeing now. 

An 'on-form' Cantwell would be starting every game.

For Q1, Rupp and Sorensen have more votes than I was expecting... it just goes to show how weak we are in that position!

Edited by Yellow and Green
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Personally I went for Rupp, Sörensen and Normann in midfield, but Lees-Melou definitely has the potential to get past Rupp. Gilmour already would, but he's not what we need. Chose Rashica, Sargent and Pukki in the middle section, and Hanley, Omobamidele and Giannoulis. 

Exactly the same picks as me TGS 👍

7 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I don’t understand this post. The poll suggests people do rate him, and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

I don’t understand this post. The poll suggests people do rate him, and rightly so.

LOL at the time I posted it was 2 vs 1 in favour of Williams and a lot of people I speak to just dont seem to rate Williams.

The poll suggests otherwise your right. 

Our best team based on results so far:

-------------------------------Krul----------------------------------------

--Aarons-----Hanley-----Omobamidele---Williams---

-------------------------Sorensen-------------------------------------

----------------Normann--------PLM-------------------------------

--Sargent--------------------------------------Rashica------------

-------------------------------Pukki--------------------------------------

I think based on current form (and appreciating my poll is limiting in terms in formation) then this would probably be a better look side right now:

------------------Sorensen----Normann-------------------------

--Sargent------------------Idah-------------------Rashica-------

--------------------------------Pukki--------------------------------------

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think based on current form (and appreciating my poll is limiting in terms in formation) then this would probably be a better look side right now:

------------------Sorensen----Normann-------------------------

--Sargent------------------Idah-------------------Rashica-------

--------------------------------Pukki--------------------------------------

In reality I think Idah works better up top, so Pukki in an advanced No. 10 role playing off his shoulder.