Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Gilmour out

He's played a blinder to be fair with the timing because up next we're playing 4 very big, fast, physical sides and he'll get battered. Those are not the type of games where you'd want him anywhere near the starting lineup imo so despite the strengths he does have I don't think he's going to be missed in the short term. 

Doesn't help us though either with his replacements being almost as equally lightweight

Thought it was odd that Gilmour's ours for the season, but with his 1st injury he's returned to his parent club to be assessed.

Is this normal business, as I'd expect a season long loanee to stay with us and be assessed by our medical team?

Is there thought this could prove a natural  break to cancel the loan? 

That’s sad, he was starting to look on par with the rest of our midfield! Who knows a few more games might have seen him become one of our best midfielders!

If he’s out for more than four weeks that could be 6 games before he’s back up to speed, can we not agree to terminate and then use that slot to loan another premiership player?

As I understand, Chelsea have no right to recall Gilmour as he's played a certain no. of games. Doesn't mean that they can't try but we could tell them to do one. So I suppose in reverse it stands to reason if we tried to send him back I guess Chelsea could respond in kind

From a Norwich perspective I would leave it up to the player. We know Chelsea can't recall him so if I was Dean Smith I would ask do you want to be here?

If the player says no then be respectful and allow him to go back. 

And what good is it to keep a player on the books who is unhappy?

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Thought it was odd that Gilmour's ours for the season, but with his 1st injury he's returned to his parent club to be assessed.

Is this normal business, as I'd expect a season long loanee to stay with us and be assessed by our medical team?

Is there thought this could prove a natural  break to cancel the loan? 

Yes it is normal, NCFC often have injured loaned players being assessed and recuperating back at Colney, but the player returns once fit again to train.