Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

This is why Boxing Day games are dangerous!

Ok own up! Who is responsible for this deadly release of brussel sprouts gas in the Barclay upper?

5966917C-7941-4D6B-AA2F-B7ACD8276F4C.thumb.jpeg.eb288c11c3631c6aecf522f4f512f708.jpeg

Edited by Canary Jedi
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Ok own up! Who is responsible for this deadly release of brussel sprouts gas in the Barclay upper?

5966917C-7941-4D6B-AA2F-B7ACD8276F4C.thumb.jpeg.eb288c11c3631c6aecf522f4f512f708.jpeg

Just think. All those old people wrapped up were hooligans 45 years ago😂

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just think. All those old people wrapped up were hooligans 45 years ago😂

Isnt I just an image of the ghost of that man u fan who fell through the Barclay roof?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is he still in traction?

I read that in a norfolk accent. 

Traaaackshun. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

I read that in a norfolk accent. 

Traaaackshun. 

That is strange. I thought about it and realise I read in a neutral accent.

Interesting picture. So we know heat travels upwards, so when outside, all that potentially covid laden breathed out hot air travels upwards, not straight out. A good reason to feel reasonably safe when outside, partcularly in the cold.....

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Interesting picture. So we know heat travels upwards, so when outside, all that potentially covid laden breathed out hot air travels upwards, not straight out. A good reason to feel reasonably safe when outside, partcularly in the cold.....

Not for those in the upper tiers! 😉

5 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Quite a challenging day I would imagine.

Back in the day the club did not employ stewards just Gatemen as they were called. Games like Utd would see around 300 Police on duty. During and before the game the vast majority were either inside the ground or patrolling in vans around the city. As the final whistle approached virtually all officers were removed from within and used to line Riverside towards the railway station and Carrow Road  up to the lower Clarence Road car park where it was not unusual for clubs to bring  20 or 30 coaches maybe more. This particular day the Utd hordes seized their opportunity to cause mayhem before leaving the Barclay Stand.

• Like 1

Even the flare was tinpot and derided by the Arsenal fans.

Mind you they did seem to like "how **** must you be it's only 2-0".

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Back in the day the club did not employ stewards just Gatemen as they were called. Games like Utd would see around 300 Police on duty. During and before the game the vast majority were either inside the ground or patrolling in vans around the city. As the final whistle approached virtually all officers were removed from within and used to line Riverside towards the railway station and Carrow Road  up to the lower Clarence Road car park where it was not unusual for clubs to bring  20 or 30 coaches maybe more. This particular day the Utd hordes seized their opportunity to cause mayhem before leaving the Barclay Stand.

I remember once, soon after going on my own to football (hitch-hiking from Yarmouth) 1973 or 1974, a lone policeman wearing a cape affair,  absolutely covered in 'gob' walking down Riverside Rd, I think, that image has stayed with me all these years 

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I remember once, soon after going on my own to football (hitch-hiking from Yarmouth) 1973 or 1974, a lone policeman wearing a cape affair,  absolutely covered in 'gob' walking down Riverside Rd, I think, that image has stayed with me all these years 

So after all these years you’ve admitted to gobbing on a copper ? 😉

• Haha 1